PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Wax Blaster?

stevehecht
09-14-2009, 10:36 PM
I've got a fair amount of wax on my side moldings. I used a coat of Forever Black, which didn't take very well. I'd like to try to remove the wax more effectively before trying the Forever Black again. Any stories for me? What about Meguiars Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner (#39)?

alowe
09-15-2009, 06:09 AM
I have it and it took some of the wax out. Went back to old peanut butter and a toothbrush as Wax Blaster was not cutting it.

phillystyle
09-15-2009, 06:36 AM
wax blaster has never worked for me
i threw it in the trash

duragloss makes a wax remover that works

stevehecht
09-15-2009, 07:36 AM
I have it and it took some of the wax out. Went back to old peanut butter and a toothbrush as Wax Blaster was not cutting it.

Old peanut butter? Are you kidding?

ScottB
09-15-2009, 06:37 PM
the oils in peanut butter will indeed remove old wax on trim. Messy indeed. Wax Blaster was ok ... what I have found is after removing the old mess to use Poorboys Trim Restorer and get an old clean sponge and cut it up to fit trim exactly. Easiest to keep it from getting all over painted parts.

stevehecht
09-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Forever Black worked fine for me, but it needed two coats. After the first coat nothing looked different, but it must have sunk in and provided a base for the second coat. Let's see how long it lasts.