PDA

View Full Version : 303

bukxanger
09-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Hey guys, i accidentally sprayed part of my headliner with aerospace 303. Is there a safe way to take it out? I haven't tried anything to take it off yet because i'm afraid to mess it up. It's been about a day since i've done it

Mike Phillips
09-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey guys, i accidentally sprayed part of my headliner with aerospace 303. Is there a safe way to take it out? I haven't tried anything to take it off yet because i'm afraid to mess it up. It's been about a day since i've done it

Keyword being safe

Without seeing the material your headliner is made out of and instead just taking a guess it's some kind of fancy fabric, the answer is not really.

If the 303, (I'm guessing the protectant), has penetrated into the fabric then leaching it out of the fabric ins some type of safe way is going to be hard to do because it's going to require you to introduce yet another chemical to force the 303 to release its hold and some type of blotting, scrubbing, sucking from an extractor or vacuum to draw the residue out.

If it were vinyl like they used in the old days you could easily wipe the surface carefully with some kind of APC as the 303 would mostly be topical

Maybe if you could let us know what kind of material the headliner is made out of we might have a better suggestion, especially if it's no any kind of permeable fabric.

And this is only meant in the kindest of intentions for everyone that will read this thread into the future...

How to write a good title for your thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/introduce-yourself/20306-how-write-good-title-your-post.html)

:)