PDA

View Full Version : ONR + PB QD+ = no go...

Rento
09-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Okay, so I been using Poorboy's QD+ for the past few months are REALLLLLY like it.

Thing is, I just used ONR for the first time with some pretty impressive results!

However... After the ONR, I wanted to QD the Corrado to rejuvenate the UV and Carnauba layers...

It doesn't work...

At first I thought it was the new shamrock towels grabbing onto the surface... But I busted out the Cobra 600 lavender MFT and same thing...

The MFT would "grab" the surface and stick to it with the PB QD+ sprayed on... After flipping the MFT over to "buff" what was left of the QD, it just wouldn't come off and would leave some bad streaks. So I just had to whip up a quick bit of ONR and wipe away all the streaks... :cry:

I've never had this problem with PB QD+.

I really prefer to QD my car in-between washes, but with the ONR, it just seems like it won't be an option...

Maybe i'll just run by the powerwash stations and wash the car that way... :cry:

Anyone else have this problem?

maddenbowler
09-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Ive used the same combo before with no problems. But lately I use aqua wax or 4 star spray wax instead

Going Mobile
09-12-2009, 06:26 PM
... I really prefer to QD my car in-between washes, but with the ONR, it just seems like it won't be an option...

I do the same as you, but have not used that specific combo. One thing you might consider, high humidity and/or too much product. I had something similar happen to me when I used Opti's own instant detailer. Since I bought the concentrate, and for the humidity, I added a little more H2O to the mix. Hope that helps.:)

hondajake
09-12-2009, 09:37 PM
I use ONR and PB QD+ with no problems. You dont need a lot of PB QD+, and I use the grey surpreme towels.