PDA

View Full Version : AG Shopping Cart Emptied ?????

alexjn1
09-11-2009, 03:23 PM
I was was browsing through some products today and when I went to the AG Store Shopping Cart to see what I currently had in there on my wish list of items for the next order it was empty. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is there a time limit on storing items in the cart or is this just a snafu.

Murphy's Law does have a tendency to follow me around. :poke:

r0ckstrWS6
09-11-2009, 03:42 PM
no after a certain period of time the cart empties. I've had this happen a few times also. I wish there could be some type of save or .... something but, I've gotten used to writing down things I find. but then most times I lose the paper lol

agpatel
09-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Your computer temp files/cookies may of been deleted and thus the cart went away. Not sure if that is the case but that is what I would think is what happened.

agpatel
09-11-2009, 03:44 PM
no after a certain period of time the cart empties. I've had this happen a few times also. I wish there could be some type of save or .... something but, I've gotten used to writing down things I find. but then most times I lose the paper lol

I just keep a excel sheet on my desktop that has all the products I want, the site that it is sold at and the price, if there are a few places then the lowest price at that time.

I also have section for products I want to look more into and research.

dan111103
09-11-2009, 04:18 PM
If you delete your browsing history on your computer, I do this quite frequently, It will delete any items in your shopping cart. Not sure if that is what happened or not.

alexjn1
09-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the input. I did delete my browsing history as well as the cookies and temp files. So now I know. :xyxthumbs:

ScottB
09-11-2009, 08:09 PM
some computer products like Norton 360 automatically clear cookies and temp files on a weekly or monthly basis. Bet something sinister like that got you ....

Phalcon51
09-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Try using CCleaner / (http://CCleaner.com). It's free and easily configurable to delete unwanted files (history, recycle bin, temp files, unwanted cookies, etc). You can tell it which cookies to permanently save, like the one that keeps your cart full. Lots of other features, too. Check it out. :xyxthumbs:

tWiStEd-tORqUe
09-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I think it will be a good idea if you Can use ur Forum Username/password to login AG store and have address book , wishlist , Order History ... cart ,, etc

Fred114
09-11-2009, 09:20 PM
I think it will be a good idea if you Can use ur Forum Username/password to login AG store and have address book , wishlist , Order History ... cart ,, etc

A little while back I made a similar inquiry. Was told it was being looked at, but I believe the current software does not support it, so when it happens, it will be something of a big undertaking. Got my fingers crossed, but like the idea of a Excel spread sheet on my desktop, not sure why I never thought of this myself :doh: