PDA

View Full Version : Free Cigarette LED Light and Charger...

Pages : [1] 2

2003 GMC Denali
09-11-2009, 01:19 AM
A few weeks ago, we were given this Free Gift of some kind of a Cigarette Lighter LED Light and Charger Cable combo.

How do you shut the Light off... is it just meant to stay on the whole time it's plugged in and when it's removed ?

A little part of me thinks it's a Fire Hazard :eek: I don't know why I feel this way. It's just a really small Battery and 2 or 3 LED Lights.

Next time, can we just get a Free MF Towel instead of something like this ?

belcherm58
09-11-2009, 02:39 AM
I have a Sony MP3 Player that I can charge using this adapter. Worked
good for me. I use to have to charge it on my computer, now I can charge it while on the road and play it while charging.

trhland
09-11-2009, 08:28 AM
:xyxthumbs:i got one too but it fell apart when i opened it.. would have rather had a free micro instead as well

2003 GMC Denali
09-11-2009, 08:47 AM
I have a Sony MP3 Player that I can charge using this adapter. Worked good for me. I use to have to charge it on my computer, now I can charge it while on the road and play it while charging.

I want to know how the Light works ???

Is it always on, or is there some way to shut it off, when it's NOT plugged in ?

ICEMAN
09-11-2009, 09:44 AM
mine was always on also. tore it aprt to turn it off. did it next time i plugged it in. AHH. lol

Mikejl
09-11-2009, 10:15 AM
I keep mine plugged in all the time. When the car is turned off no power is going to the outlet so I'm not worried about it being a fire hazard

I have have two power sources and the one it's plugged into is hidden from view otherwise I don't think I would keep it plugged in all the time.

:)

Mike

2003 GMC Denali
09-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Tore it apart to turn it off. did it next time I plugged it in. AHH. lol

Throw me a Bone, buddy. :surrender: Did what ? Did the LED's come on, or stay off ?

How did you fix it ?

ICEMAN
09-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Throw me a Bone, buddy. :surrender: Did what ? Did the LED's come on, or stay off ?

How did you fix it ?

it turned it off, but it was only off til the next time i plugged it in, lol, then it wouldnt turn off again. so i tossed it. and once you open it, it doesnt like to go back together well.

JohnHenry
09-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey, I liked the little gadget! Just put the small band back on the prongs and the light goes off (like it was in the package.) Better yet, keep it plugged in.

Buckskincolt
09-11-2009, 11:20 PM
I liked it too, but it won't charge my iphone:(

Gary Sword
09-12-2009, 06:20 AM
I never used the one I got and probably never will. It's hard to complain about something free.

Matt
09-12-2009, 06:59 AM
It's hard to complain about something free.

:iagree::applause:

2003 GMC Denali
09-12-2009, 08:41 AM
I fixed your Comment.

It's hard to complain about something I don't use.

Who's complaining ? I just wanna know how the damn thing works !

02nissanISR
09-12-2009, 12:50 PM
when you squeeze the 2 tabs on the side the light goes off . I think the idea is to just leave it in the cigaret lighter , in the socket it will stay off. then if you need a light you pull it out the tabs pop out and the light comes on. if you don't want to leave it in then you have to put a small zip tie around those side tabs to turn the light of.

by the way love your PC videos learned a lot from them

02nissanISR
09-12-2009, 12:52 PM
the last comment i think i got you confused with blkyukon sorry the first part is still good though :-)