PDA

View Full Version : ClayBar,XMT,Zaino, Wolfgang Sealant?

VonsWhite4x4
09-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Hey everyone, Just Joined yesterday, however i have been lurking the site for quite some time now, im due to give my truck a complete exterior Detail. I Have some questions.

I was going to wash the truck, then clay bar it, then wash it again...simple..but with the XMT i am buyin all 3 stages of the swirl and scratch remover, i always start with the least abrasive (Spell Check) and work my way up. I am buying a High speed circular polisher and then buying edge pads as well. do you recomend using the XMT with a high speed or a DA? and what pads? meduim Cut?

Then once done with the xmt, i was gonna coat it with Z2 Pro from Zaino x2.

Then the wolfgang sealant, should i apply by hand? and i can layer that as long as i let it heal for 12 hours without touching water correct?

Thanks Alot.

Marcus

cwcad
09-22-2006, 08:51 AM
The only thing on your post that I can comment on from personal experience is the Zaino product. If you put Z2Pro on times two I would not top it with another sealant. Putting Wolfgang sealant on top of the Zaino sealant would be redundant.

What I would do it split my hood half and half and put Z2Pro on one side and Wolfgang Sealant on the other. Make yourself a test of the two products.

FloridaNative
09-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Hey everyone, Just Joined yesterday, however i have been lurking the site for quite some time now, im due to give my truck a complete exterior Detail. I Have some questions.

I was going to wash the truck, then clay bar it, then wash it again...simple..but with the XMT i am buyin all 3 stages of the swirl and scratch remover, i always start with the least abrasive (Spell Check) and work my way up. I am buying a High speed circular polisher and then buying edge pads as well. do you recomend using the XMT with a high speed or a DA? and what pads? meduim Cut?

Then once done with the xmt, i was gonna coat it with Z2 Pro from Zaino x2.

Then the wolfgang sealant, should i apply by hand? and i can layer that as long as i let it heal for 12 hours without touching water correct?

Thanks Alot.

Marcus

Welcome to our little family Marcus. :) The XMT can be used with both the DA and the rotary. I've used them with the PC and the Edge 2K pad system and had excellent results. In my experience, the XMT broke down in about 4 minutes or so and it finished very clean and with very little dust. I used the XMT 2 with the Orange Edge pad and the XMT 1 with the Blue Edge pad and after it was LSP ready. It really made the metallic flakes in my paint sparkle. :)

One suggestion, you could clay while you wash the truck to save some time. Just make sure you use a good wash soap. :)

VonsWhite4x4
09-22-2006, 12:10 PM
For soaps i have the megs gold class wash ( Customer Vehicles ) and for my truck i use the Zaino Car wash soap...any thing particular i should look before using the clay while washing?

Marcus

ZaneO
09-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Why are you using two sealants? It will probably be best to use one or the other.

ScottB
09-22-2006, 08:59 PM
As most have offered, both products work best seperately. You will find more comments on Wolfgang here naturally, as we manufacture as sell the line. Very easy to use, no mixing, and reasonable durability. It does look at little different than most sealants , not quite as sharp and reflective. Warmer ...

Zaino is still the king in durability, very glossy and reflective (pro lines). That said, others look just as nice. We found using the new DP Sealant and Z5Pro side by side look identical. We also found Duragloss to look almost exactly alike the two. So if you want durability use Zaino ... if you clean and prep often you have many choices in many colors from many vendors.

sparkie
09-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Marcus, welcome buddy. Glad you came over to check this forum out! Sparkymm6

On the XMT, it dose the work without the dusting or very little dust, then other products I've used.

I know you use a high speed buffer, so check out the Edge pads!
http://www.autogeek.net/edge-rotary-kit.html

JCB
09-24-2006, 04:36 PM
hi, im new to this addiction, may i add this, is that z2 pro or dp sealant and xmt's what you call prepping?

ScottB
09-24-2006, 05:14 PM
hi, im new to this addiction, may i add this, is that z2 pro or dp sealant and xmt's what you call prepping?

XMT (polish) is only one part of prepping ....

Wash --- Clay --- Polish ---- Protect

everything before PROTECT, from washing, to drying, to polishing and even claying is all the key. DP Sealant and Z2Pro are just the PROTECT feature.

JCB
09-30-2006, 03:55 AM
what is the equivalent of z2pro and z5pro in the xmt line? or can i say, can i top xmt2 after z2pro? does this make sense? sorry im just a little lost here.

ScottB
09-30-2006, 08:07 AM
what is the equivalent of z2pro and z5pro in the xmt line? or can i say, can i top xmt2 after z2pro? does this make sense? sorry im just a little lost here.

Zaino = paint sealant , the only paint polish offered is Fusion, we wont get into bashing, but I believe better paint polishes exist, there sealant is a top 10 product. The equilvelant of Z2 and Z5 are pure sealants like DP Shield Shine , Klasse SG, Wolfgang, UPP, Finish Kare 2180, and Poorboys EXP.

XMT = a line of machine friendly polishes, these are abrasive polishes. The final product, the glaze has carnauba properties. These do not lead well to be topped with a sealant, they should be considered to be topped with another carnauba product. (Pinnacle, P21s, Poorboys, Moose Wax)

VonsWhite4x4
10-01-2006, 12:15 AM
NVM...Didnt see the above post...lol