PDA

View Full Version : Taking classes on different weekends

mc2hill
09-09-2009, 01:59 PM
I am really looking forward to attending these classes.
My question: Is it ok to take the 101 one weekend and the 102 on a different weekend? I live within a reasonable driving distance and have a friend that would be interested in 101, but not the 102 class.

Thanks,
Mike.

Mike Phillips
09-09-2009, 02:04 PM
There's no problem with taking Detailing 102 on a different weekend from the weekend you took Detailing 101

I can't count how many times someone has posted,

How about some classes on the East Coast?

Well there here! Need our forum members to help spread the word.

:)

Mister B
09-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Need our forum members to help spread the word. :)

Done!

East Coast Detailing Classes - Hosted by Mike Phillips (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37094)

Mike Phillips
09-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Done!

East Coast Detailing Classes - Hosted by Mike Phillips (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37094)

Thank you. I was thinking more like tell your car buddies in person because most forums have very specific rules about posting links and promotions.

Just to note, I've already contacted Meguiar's about posting the links to our classes here at Autogeek and I received their permission with some guidelines.

I'll post the threads right this morning and because they will duplicate your thread they may combine them or even possibly remove one to the mod forum.

I'll leave that up to them, but they did ask that I link directly to the sign-up threads and not the schedule or the announcement.

Thank you! We do appreciate your help...

We have a local Porsche club looking at possible date for the near future and from experience, once a few clubs attend these classes, word-of-mouth advertising should kick in and hopefully all the car clubs we worked with on the west coast will be attending our classes here on the east coast.

Mister B
09-10-2009, 08:16 AM
All OK.

I did not think it would be a problem posting the link on their site since I did not have a financial interest, as their rules state.

Mike Phillips
09-10-2009, 10:23 AM
All OK.

I did not think it would be a problem posting the link on their site since I did not have a financial interest, as their rules state.

No problems... and yes you we're well within the rules, you just didn't know that behind the scenes I was already working on a thread for the MOL forum.

And again... thank you!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lonewolf2007
09-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Could you post a link on the AG home page to the detailing Classes?

It would be easier for me to have users on other forums to go to the AG home page and click on a link for information on Detailing classes.

Just my .02$

Mister B
09-11-2009, 08:22 AM

It would be easier for me to have users on other forums to go to the AG home page and click on a link for information on Detailing classes.

Just my .02$

If you send them to autogeekonline.net (the forum home page) and scroll down to the bottom there is a link to the classes.

Mike Phillips
09-11-2009, 08:41 AM

Just my .02$

If you click to the forum homepage, here's the link,

Autogeek Forum Homepage (http://www.autogeekonline.net/)

And scroooool down... you'll see a NEW INFORMATION SECTION where we'll keep all the upcoming information on our detailing classes so it's quick and easy to find.

It's right below the "Most Recent Threads" section.

How's that? Is that what you're talking about?

Mike Phillips
09-11-2009, 08:46 AM
And here's a screenshot of the lower portion of the forum homepage, so you can see that we did our best to make it easy to find. We want to keep the most recent threads on top, but right below it will always be Information on upcoming classes and as we have classes there will be a few pictures from each class with link to the actual "Pictures & Comments" threads for each class.

The detailing class information section is right below the last thread in the recent threads section.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/homepagescreenshotdc.jpg

Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN

mchess1
01-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey Mike, would love to have a 102 class for 2010.

I know you are swamped right now but my 101 class did not offer a 102 class the same weekend.

Anxiously waiting for the schedule to come out.

JohnHenry
01-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Same here.