PDA

View Full Version : Harmfull... hope not

jekyl05
09-09-2009, 08:18 AM
I decided to wash the car yesterday and thought everything was going well until i got to the drying process. I usually use a quick detailer during that step and will follow up with green corba m/f towel. Well I grabbed the bottle of mequiar's quick detailer or so i thought. Long story short I ended using the Quick Detailer (Interior). So i panicked and went over the car with the right ext. QD and then decided that was not good enough and washed the car again. Now keep in mind my neighbors as they were taking their late afternoon walks (8:45) probably wondered why i was washing my car in the dark, but i knew i could not sleep w/o knowing it had been washed again.

I am hoping that there will be no damage... I mentioned before I QD the car and then decided to wash again to remove any possible chance of damaging the clear.

Just need reassurance everything is cool... I hope.

Mister B
09-09-2009, 09:04 AM
You should be fine.

Quik Interior Detailer is very mild and should not hurt anything.

jekyl05
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
good deal... hoping it is waterbased as many products are now.

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
09-09-2009, 01:22 PM
If it's safe for interior surfaces... it's more than safe for exterior surfaces.

Modern clearcoat paints are pretty tough, anything safe enough to spray onto the interior is pretty safe.

One of the biggest differences is one will make surfaces slick and glossy one will leave the surfaces in their original look.

:)