PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

NastyNate
09-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Just sayin' hey. Followed a link to sales the sales sight and well here I am. I've always done my own detailing and with the latest car I really want to take the detailing up a few notches. Just did my first wax job a few days ago with a DA and gotta say I'm hooked! it's just a cheapo fixed speed but works well enough for now. Gotta get some bonnets for it and then I'll be on my way. Just really looking forward learning as much as possible so I can do ym car and start helping friends with theirs as well.

Rsurfer
09-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Just sayin' hey. Followed a link to sales the sales sight and well here I am. I've always done my own detailing and with the latest car I really want to take the detailing up a few notches. Just did my first wax job a few days ago with a DA and gotta say I'm hooked! it's just a cheapo fixed speed but works well enough for now. Gotta get some bonnets for it and then I'll be on my way. Just really looking forward learning as much as possible so I can do ym car and start helping friends with theirs as well.
:welcome:If you stay here long enough and learn how to spot swrils, you will be getting a pro type DA.

Meghan
09-09-2009, 06:22 AM
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us.

Mike Phillips
09-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi Nate,

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

:welcome:

SRHTX
09-09-2009, 11:20 AM
:welcome: to a new 2nd home here at AG Nate. Everyone on the forum will be more than glad to assist you in any way. Also, there are a few San Antonio folks who are part of the forum.

Stephen

NastyNate
09-09-2009, 09:09 PM
:welcome:If you stay here long enough and learn how to spot swrils, you will be getting a pro type DA.

Oh I already see them on my car. Black Mica MazdaSpeed Miata, that I got used. I can tell a huge difference just in switching from hand powered to the DA, but I know it can get better. I'm probably gonna use this for a while and get used to it. Then start doing friends cars when I can and grow into the variable speed DA, such as the PC.

I am in contact with someone local that is gonna allow me to observe him work. Get to do that on my vacation!
Thanks for for welcomes everyone!

SRHTX
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I am in contact with someone local that is gonna allow me to observe him work. Get to do that on my vacation!
Thanks for for welcomes everyone!

What part of SA do you live in? I might go back to see my family latter this month or next.

Stephen

NastyNate
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm in the medical center. Babcock and medical area.

SRHTX
09-09-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm in the medical center. Babcock and medical area.

Cool. One of my family members is a top doctor, in what she does, there in the Medical Center. Since you LIVE in THAT area, makes me wonder who you will have assist you.... he he he When I go up to the SA area, I will stay at my families ranch there in Boerne. I leave my car parked away FROM the ranch since I do not wish to drive it about 1.5 miles down a dirt road.

Stephen

NastyNate
09-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Cool. One of my family members is a top doctor, in what she does, there in the Medical Center. Since you LIVE in THAT area, makes me wonder who you will have assist you.... he he he When I go up to the SA area, I will stay at my families ranch there in Boerne. I leave my car parked away FROM the ranch since I do not wish to drive it about 1.5 miles down a dirt road.

Stephen
Oh Don't lump me in wth "those" people.... :doh: Im the MANI know the guys name is Eric. he's quite active on TexasRacers. He posts pics of his work pretty regularly and seems to know what he's doing. He did a black Miata that was pretty thrashed. that thing looked new afterwards.

WrightDetail
09-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Welcome

NastyNate
10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread but just thought I'd give a small update. I've been regularly doing friends car. Just exterior, removing swirl marks, and getting small scratches out. It's been going really well. I've been reading a lot on here and Autopia as well and that's really helped. I know am getting people in my complex asking me to do there cars. So my question is, what's the next step? I've started putting together a business plan, even took a small course on doing so, and am slowly trying to get the put together so maybe in a few months or more I can start doing this on the side. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I'm taking this is slow as want to learn correctly and get everything set up correctly. So I don't expect this to happen overnight, nor do I want it to.