PDA

View Full Version : Need a Prof. Detailer close to S.C.

HANO
09-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Here's the story, I have a 2008 VW Jetta, Black. I had an incident 10 months ago with rail dust caused by metal from my garage. The VW looked like it had pollen on it, one end to the other (no lie). Local detailer (highly reccomended) clay bar'ed the vehicle and polished it, within two days the car looked dull and had tons of micromarring/scratches/swirls. Second detailer had at it, the gloss held but the car was still swirled, spider webbed and scratched. I've recently purchased a PCXP and the XMT line of polishes. I made quite an improvement with the swirls and micromarring but the scratches from the contaniments in the clay bar are a little beyond my pad/polish/patience level at this time. I had two full 16 hours days with this car, and it has consumed all my thoughts and all my spare time. I believe it is time to call in an expert, as my local detailers have failed my expectations, (especially after seeing what can be done with a vehicle after viewing the results from members of this board). The car is not horrible at the moment, but there is alot more work that needs to be done. After all of efforts, I am still far from having it where it needs to be.

I also have a 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4x4 that I was planning on doing my self, as it has your traditional spider webbing and light swirls from frequent washes ( I am the second owner ). I love this truck as much one can love a piece of metal, but if my car took two full days, I do not want to know what this beast will entail. I am more than confident in my newly learned washing and waxing techniques, but as a full time paramedic/firefighter who is married, and has started college full time at the ripe old age of 30, I would prefer to take a day off or two and have these vehicles put back into shape by a professional, where at least I can maintain them.

I am located in Myrtle Beach, SC and I am willing to drive a pretty fair distance, even out of state, to have these vehicles done. Matter of fact I can tow the car with the truck and you can do both! I am looking for someone who truly knows what they are doing when dealing with correction.

Both of these vehicles are just your average run of the mill car and truck, no exciting exotic or antique, but they are still important. I am looking for someone honest, who cares as much about my vehicles as they would their own. In todays economy, money has to be streched and I would like for the vehicles to remain solid for quite a few more years to come.

And if your within a few hours of Myrtle Beach, I have no problem, if your work turns out well, becoming a regular customer.

If this needs to be moved to the right area feel free to move it, and btw my hats off to you full time detailers, this takes a type of patience and persistance that I fear I will never have. :props:

J.R.

r_wain
09-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Who did you use in Myrtle beach? Just wondering. I used to do it professionally but not here but thinking about starting a business here.

HHIslander
09-09-2009, 05:53 AM
i am more than willing to tackle these cars.. I can send you multiple pictures of my clients cars and even a few contact numbers if you like.. I know its a far drive, I might even consider driving up.. Private message me.

HHIslander
09-09-2009, 05:55 AM
btw.. i am also a full time paramedic/firefighter...

HANO
09-09-2009, 11:52 AM
PM sent and BTT

wytstang
09-09-2009, 05:10 PM
You should stick around, we can teach you preventative washing/drying techniques to help keep swirls away (help not eliminate lol :( ).

HANO
09-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh I'll be around, this forum has made me dangerous to any non-professional detailer! Im now armed with KNOWLEDGE...lol