PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on DURAGLOSS line?

cobraa
09-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I need a couple of random product and was wondering if buying all of them within the same compagny was a great idea..

METAL POLISH #881: Aren't all metal polish pretty much the same anyways?

Metal brigthener #831: Difference between this and a metal polish?

ODOR ABSORBER #371: I heard good review about this one but I'm also very temped with Chemic Guy Odor Absorber with Apple scent? Anyone tried both?

NU-GLASS #755: Great for removing very light scratches on windows? Diamondlite at 60$ appear a bit pricey for me.

Rain-Repel #750: Work like Aquapel ? I guess you need to apply it every month or so compared to 6 month for aquapel? Does it streak like RainX?

Plastic Polish #681: Work better or the same as Meguiar PlastX?

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHT ON ANY PRODUCT. No need to know all of them :props:

Thanks,
Alex

ScottB
09-06-2009, 06:06 PM
The Odor Eliminator seems to work well on smoke and other scent removals.

Bunky
09-06-2009, 06:15 PM
NU-GLASS #755: Great for removing very light scratches on windows? Diamondlite at 60$ appear a bit pricey for me.

Alex

I think DP Glass Restorer is probably more like Nu-Glass. DP is a slightly gritty feeling polish.

sparkie
09-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I need a couple of random product and was wondering if buying all of them within the same compagny was a great idea..

METAL POLISH #881: Aren't all metal polish pretty much the same anyways? Yes

Metal brigthener #831: Difference between this and a metal polish? #831 is an acid base whereas metal polish is abrasive chemical cleaner.

ODOR ABSORBER #371: I heard good review about this one but I'm also very temped with Chemic Guy Odor Absorber with Apple scent? Anyone tried both? #371 kicks butt, I have not tried odor absorber

NU-GLASS #755: Great for removing very light scratches on windows? Diamondlite at 60$ appear a bit pricey for me. #755 works great with a wool pad.

Rain-Repel #750: Work like Aquapel ? I guess you need to apply it every month or so compared to 6 month for aquapel? Does it streak like RainX?
I have not seen anything that works as good as Aquapel
Plastic Polish #681: Work better or the same as Meguiar PlastX?
About the same IMO
PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHT ON ANY PRODUCT. No need to know all of them :props:

Thanks,
Alex
:dblthumb2:

cobraa
09-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Wow thanks a lot !!

So Glaas restorer would be more complete than NU-GLASS?

detail viking
09-07-2009, 11:06 AM
I have used pretty much every Duragloss product that you did not list. All of them have been quite impressive. Sorry, no input on the specific ones you listed. I would not be affraid to spend my money on any Duragloss product or DP product though. Both are great lines. :dblthumb2:

gofastman
09-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Nu Glass is more of a super heavy duty cleaner than an actual defect remover, great stuff, but It didn't do anything for the scratches/pits in my windshield

67Customs
09-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Nu-Glass is great for removing water spots off windows. I'm not talking about the kind that can be removed with steel wool and vinegar. I'm talking about etched water spots.

I used ut by hand on my brother's car and it worked well. It works very well by machine, but dusts a lot.

I haven't came upon etched water spots on a window that I haven't been able to remove with it. My father's truck has etched water spots that had etched into older water spots. It was horrible. Nu-Glass blew through them and the glass looked like new.

cobraa
09-07-2009, 10:42 PM
OK. because I have som scratch on my windshield and did a small research on AG and found by reading that some people used NU-GLASS to remove scratch from glasses.

My car is a racing car and I think the previous owner scratched the 1/4 glass with a razor blade to remove the drag number.......(stupid!)

r0ckstrWS6
09-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I have the Chem. Guys odor eliminator with the apple scent. it works very well. I applied some to a friends car of mine about a month and a half ago, and I can still smell the apple scent ( though minimal-not strong) and smells clean inside. good product, you can dilute it too.

cobraa
09-08-2009, 11:28 PM
I have the Chem. Guys odor eliminator with the apple scent. it works very well. I applied some to a friends car of mine about a month and a half ago, and I can still smell the apple scent ( though minimal-not strong) and smells clean inside. good product, you can dilute it too.

There's something about this compagny that I don't like but this product seem pretty nice.