PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Class - Frequently Asked Questions

Pages : 1 [2]

Mike Phillips
03-09-2015, 10:23 AM
I've signed up for the first three day class in May. I'm looking forward to it.

Mike Phillips said something to me that I want to see if it's true, if he's right I've got a plate of crow to eat.

Dave R.

And if I'm not right.... time to find a new career!

:D

DRamsey
04-09-2015, 05:53 PM
I getting excited about taking the class. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Aaryn NZ
04-10-2015, 02:19 AM
I've signed up for the first three day class in May. I'm looking forward to it. Mike Phillips said something to me that I want to see if it's true, if he's right I've got a plate of crow to eat.

Dave R.

Hmm . . . curious.

Aaryn NZ. :xyxthumbs:

DRamsey
04-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Aaryn,
I called Mike to ask him about his class and what I could expect to get out of it. Mike said, "You'll learn more in three days than in a lifetime of working on your own." I thought that was a bold statement, because I consider myself to be very clever. Your excitement and willingness to travel from New Zealand convinced me to take the plunge. At this moment, I'm expecting to find out Mike's right and I'll be eating crow. I can't wait.

Aaryn NZ
04-11-2015, 02:17 AM
Aaryn,
I called Mike to ask him about his class and what I could expect to get out of it. Mike said, "You'll learn more in three days than in a lifetime of working on your own." I thought that was a bold statement, because I consider myself to be very clever. Your excitement and willingness to travel from New Zealand convinced me to take the plunge. At this moment, I'm expecting to find out Mike's right and I'll be eating crow. I can't wait.

Ahhh, I see.

I guess Mike & I are both under pressure on this one then. :buffing:

Pretty neat that a small town Kiwi detailer influenced your decision to go to Boot Camp! :dblthumb2: As you may already know - I'm not new to this game at all & have been detailing professionally for twenty years & counting, like you - I consider myself pretty clever too.

Mike's statement a bold one indeed but I will stand beside Mike on this one.

I believe no matter how experienced anyone is, if they attend Mike's class with a willing to learn attitude - they will leave much richer in the knowledge department. :xyxthumbs:

Not to forget - its an awesome environment too. Mike & Nick run Boot Camp really well, professional yes. Fun definitely. I'm a bit envious of you & all your class mates that this one is the first of the three day Boot Camps, I'd love to be able to be there as well.

Not long to wait now! I'm excited for you!

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

Mike@ShineStruck
06-14-2015, 08:46 AM
Ive never used a polisher before and would like to attend one of these at some point in time
I ordered a Boss21 shall be here mid week, so good chance to get comfortable with my own in meantime.

This statement made my LOL
Can I take videos?
No. Violators will be put to death live on the Internet and all their earthy belongings sold on eBay.
guess thats a no lol

My question is what if you chip paint off an edge or burn through clearcoat or paint?
id imagine Autogeeks renters insurance covers that?

Mike Phillips
08-31-2015, 03:56 PM
Ive never used a polisher before and would like to attend one of these at some point in time
I ordered a Boss21 shall be here mid week, so good chance to get comfortable with my own in meantime.

This statement made my LOL

Can I take videos?

No. Violators will be put to death live on the Internet and all their earthy belongings sold on eBay.

guess thats a no lol

I wrote that sort of tongue in cheek. All to often I have to be so serious in my online life that once in a while I sneak in a little fun. :D

My question is what if you chip paint off an edge or burn through clearcoat or paint?

Knock on paint... that's never happened here at Autogeek and it never happened for the 7 years I taught all the classes at Meguiar's including the Saturday Detailing 101, 102, Thursday Night Open Garage, Extreme Makeovers and Roadshow classes.

Guess I'm lucky?

id imagine Autogeeks renters insurance covers that?

Management would be in charge of that issue when and if it ever happens.

I'm pretty good at teaching proper technique and then monitoring the class along with the help of Nick's watchful eyes.

:)