PDA

View Full Version : Spray wax over nuba

vinceAccordV6
09-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Hello everyone. Any recommendations for a spray wax between nuba application? Everyone seems to agree that the Pinnacle spray wax is great, but the price Ouch! What about optimum, four star, or aquawax as a spray wax for maintenance? These seem to be a little more reasonable in bulk. Will these change or interfere with the look or durability of the underlying nuba?

mackdaddyhibble
09-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I recently tried the four star jus for that very reason,even the new XMT,I havent tried the other two ,but I'm spoiled with the Souveran Spray.it jus glides on and Ba-am,Sparkle!:props: I think I"II jus use up the four star and XMT during the winter and catch one of the sales and buy a larger size Souveran for next year.

vinceAccordV6
09-03-2009, 10:57 PM
I guess you get what you pay for. I'm picking up some SSII soon. I think I might just add the Pinnacle spray wax in a combo and give it a try to see what the fuss is about. Thanks.

HighEndDetail
09-03-2009, 11:03 PM
The optimum and four star are very nice between app. of your wax. I just tried the xmt360 spray wax yesterday. And was very impressed.

ScottB
09-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Souveran Spray Wax is worth every penny ... I might also suggest Four Star as a perfect choice too.

Larry A
09-05-2009, 12:23 PM
DG Aqua wax will also work over nuba.

sparkie
09-05-2009, 08:58 PM
DG Aqua wax will also work over nuba.
I agree...:dblthumb2:

Emile
09-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Optimum Car Wax is awesome, but it's not really a topper. Offering 5-month durability (according to Optimum) and a damn decent shine, it's a true stand-alone wax that is just a lot easier to use than a traditional paste or liquid wax.

It looks best on silver and lighter-colored cars and in my experience, it has great durability...I easily get over 2 months out of one application.