PDA

View Full Version : Backing Plate broke off!

LincolnZephyr2006
09-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey guys,
I have been noticing that other members' backing plates have come off.... and I thought I would never be a victim! Mine did it within the first 5 minutes of cutting my car with m105! now the paint is all cut and I cannot put the polish over it :(...... looks like EXTREMELY weak foam! Do all backing plates contain foam in them? And will I have to pay for a new one :(? Thanks!

Harleyguy
09-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey guys,
I have been noticing that other members' backing plates have come off.... and I thought I would never be a victim! Mine did it within the first 5 minutes of cutting my car with m105! now the paint is all cut and I cannot put the polish over it :(...... looks like EXTREMELY weak foam! Do all backing plates contain foam in them? And will I have to pay for a new one :(? Thanks!If you bought from AG give Megan a call she will make it right for sure.They get a A+++++ for customer service

LincolnZephyr2006
09-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Ohhh def! And yes... I did buy it from auto geek... but what if I get the same one again? Is there another one thats more durable? Again... Thanks for the help guys

RTexasF
09-03-2009, 07:20 PM
They can last for years or you can lose two in the same week. Either order spares or buy better ones that they offer, we've all been there....nothing new.

Rsurfer
09-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Been thru 2- lc, 1- 3m and now trying Meg's.

LincolnZephyr2006
09-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Well I'm just a broke college student right now so all I am worried about is a new one!

Rsurfer
09-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Well I'm just a broke college student right now so all I am worried about is a new one!
If you bought it recently from AG they will make it good.

LincolnZephyr2006
09-03-2009, 09:34 PM
If you bought it recently from AG they will make it good.

Awesome..... yeah I bought it about a month and a half ago and this is only my second time using it.....

One more year of school left and I finally get to make salary so no more worries about being broke!

Rsurfer
09-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Awesome..... yeah I bought it about a month and a half ago and this is only my second time using it.....

One more year of school left and I finally get to make salary so no more worries about being broke!You won't regret finishing college.:dblthumb2:

VISITOR
09-03-2009, 10:57 PM
i don't think there is going to be any backing plate regardless of brand that will not give out at one time or another. i've had my LC D/A backing plate for years with no problems, while others used it and broke it within hours...

Gary Sword
09-04-2009, 06:43 AM
I had the same thing happen to a 4" backing plate last week. The foam just ripped apart.

belcherm58
09-04-2009, 07:23 AM
I have had my LC backing plate for several years and no problems at all. Maybe they had a bad plastic batch at some time or another. I thought they were some kind of rubber composition. Looks like the ones
that have been breaking are like a foam type material?

99tl
09-04-2009, 08:43 AM
I had the same thing happen to a 4" backing plate last week. The foam just ripped apart.

I had the same problem with my 4" backing plate. I contacted LC and was sent a new one, no questions asked ( Eric was great). The only thing he asked was I send a picture of the pad.:xyxthumbs: