PDA

View Full Version : Edge pads

Pages : [1] 2

joe.p
09-20-2006, 10:02 PM
I finally finished cutting the swirls on car my pulled off the tape and gave her bath after i dried her down i noticed some light marring and a lil swirling from using the E2K yellow pad with HTEC & OP 50/50 in some areas Megs colorX.

I always use the LC 7".5" pads im familiar with them and know how far i can go with them. My next polish is PO85RD whith E2K pad. i used the green and ended up some marring depending on the product, can you offer some advice.

My next step was just go out there with few of the E2k pads and do trial and error. What i want to do is remove some of the light swirls left behind from the yellow pad and leave a LSP ready surface.

ScottB
09-21-2006, 05:47 AM
All this EDGE stuff has me koo-koo ..... Lake Country for me, why knock a proven winner.

justin_murphy
09-21-2006, 05:57 AM
And EDGE is a proven winner for me. With over 50+ plus cars done with my original pads, they are a solid pad company.
I can use the yellow pad with a light cut compound and be LSP ready. I do use the orange pad to polish alot with too.

FloridaNative
09-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Joe, you're using the Edge with the PC, no?? I used my blue pad with XMT 1, worked it about 4-5 minutes and I was LSP ready.

joe.p
09-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Joe, you're using the Edge with the PC, no?? I used my blue pad with XMT 1, worked it about 4-5 minutes and I was LSP ready.
Use the yellow pad with a rotory and used the PC on the lower rocker panels on the frotn rear bumber..

MikeyC
09-21-2006, 08:18 AM
All this EDGE stuff has me koo-koo ..... Lake Country for me, why knock a proven winner.

I switched to Edge pads a few months ago and it took some getting used to the new color scheme. Now, I'll never go back to velcro pads. The automatic centering of the Edge pads noticeably reduces vibration levels when polishing with a PC.

Surfer
09-21-2006, 08:32 AM
All this EDGE stuff has me koo-koo ..... Lake Country for me, why knock a proven winner.Come to the darksidehttp://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/scorchio/sgrin.gif

Jason
09-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Joe,

Did you tried the orange pad? I think the orange pad would be a better combination to go along with the PO85RD.

joe.p
09-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Joe,

Did you tried the orange pad? I think the orange pad would be a better combination to go along with the PO85RD.
That is my next choice of pads. I was gonna do a test panel. from what i have learned PO85RD needs to be worked with a rotory to break down the polish.

Thanks to all.

I think the E2k pads are a nice set of pads they just have a learning curve when used with a rotory, when used with a PC there outstanding ..

I switched to Edge pads a few months ago and it took some getting used to the new color scheme. Now, I'll never go back to velcro pads. The automatic centering of the Edge pads noticeably reduces vibration levels when polishing with a PC.I read someone where is was mention it might take some time to get use too I should have take some advice and picked up a test panel,but whatta the hell i have plenty of panels on my car ;) LOL

ScottB
09-21-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry if I rained on anyones parade .... what I really would prefer is an industry standard when it comes to color=abrasive quality. It is too darn hard to decifer Megs pads, from Lake Country, to Edge. Especially when someone posts I used my blue pad ... (which blue pad, I know of two, maybe three and thats not including smaller sub brands)

BILL
09-21-2006, 06:12 PM

I agree........:confused: :rolleyes: :iagree:

The Edge
09-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Just curious guys, What exactly has you "koo koo" about our Edge pads? In 1994 we introduced the first 5 color scheme, black=heavy cut yellow=Medium cut green=light cut blue=soft polish white=final finish. Before this there was basically only two pads. Yellow=cutting and Grey=polishing. This color scheme has now been copied by every other buffing pad company except 3M. Lake Country introduced the orange European foams which everyone now also has. All the buffing pad companies basically buy foam, not manufacture it, and just about all of us buy from the same source and the same colors. There are a few exeptions like Meguiars, but they don't manufacture pads at all. They have them made for them by one of the true pad manufacturers. Our only claim to fame is our innovative and unique shapes and attachment system for buffing pads. We do offer great customer service as well but all companies should do that. I wonder when people say they prefer a competitors pad, if they say that from personal experience with our pads and system or just out of habit and resistance to change what they are using and are currently happy with. Several times when people have posted that they prefer another pad line, I have asked them privately if they have ever tried our pads to compare against the pads they prefer and the answer has always been no. Pads are of course a personal choice and not everyone will want and love our products, we just hope when people post negatively about our pads it is from personal experience.

Surfer
09-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Aaron's service rocks. I still have one of the 1st 4" pads for testing and they are holding up fine, been used on paint, glass, lights etc. The attachment and balancing is so worth it, buddy of mine turned me onto them. He has a bunch of LC and Meg pads that just sit there now. Nothing wrong with the pads, but it's the system Edge has that's priceless. Plus we have a couple suv's and the double sided pads make it much easier.

BILL
09-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Just curious guys, What exactly has you "koo koo" about our Edge pads? In 1994 we introduced the first 5 color scheme, black=heavy cut yellow=Medium cut green=light cut blue=soft polish white=final finish. Before this there was basically only two pads. Yellow=cutting and Grey=polishing. This color scheme has now been copied by every other buffing pad company except 3M. Lake Country introduced the orange European foams which everyone now also has. All the buffing pad companies basically buy foam, not manufacture it, and just about all of us buy from the same source and the same colors. There are a few exeptions like Meguiars, but they don't manufacture pads at all. They have them made for them by one of the true pad manufacturers. Our only claim to fame is our innovative and unique shapes and attachment system for buffing pads. We do offer great customer service as well but all companies should do that. I wonder when people say they prefer a competitors pad, if they say that from personal experience with our pads and system or just out of habit and resistance to change what they are using and are currently happy with. Several times when people have posted that they prefer another pad line, I have asked them privately if they have ever tried our pads to compare against the pads they prefer and the answer has always been no. Pads are of course a personal choice and not everyone will want and love our products, we just hope when people post negatively about our pads it is from personal experience.

Ive tryed them and like them but prefer L.C.....

have them EDGE and L.C. and prefer the lake country...i find the velcro is faster loading and easier to work with, just my opinion. others will definetly differ....edge is a great system for those who prefer it over L.C.:cheers:

GearHead_1
09-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Ive tryed them and like them but prefer L.C.....

have them EDGE and L.C. and prefer the lake country...i find the velcro is faster loading and easier to work with, just my opinion. others will definetly differ....edge is a great system for those who prefer it over L.C.:cheers:
It's interesting that products could leave us feeling so different. I feel exactly the opposite of the way you feel and for the same reasons you've stated. My son has no inherited all (dozens) of my LC pads and I don't want them back.