PDA

View Full Version : Did an interview with the Associated Press

Pages : [1] 2

Dwayne
09-03-2009, 03:40 PM
I thought I'd share an article that was written on how to wash your car in about 10 minutes.

It covered some pretty basic stuff and I was able to share a few tips and tricks that made it in the article. I think the writer did a good job of getting the idea of what I was saying.

It certainly isn't Advanced Detailing for Autogeeks and Autopians but if we can get car owners out there to the site to learn more about better car care, mission accomplished.

ABC News is one of the outlets that picked up the article:

Get the Grime off Your Car In 10 Minutes (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=8483400)

Disclaimer:
I did mention that I could easily spend 1-2 hours washing my personal ride but the theme was 10 minutes. 10 minutes to apply your makeup, 10 minutes to wash your car and etc...

Mike Phillips
09-03-2009, 04:00 PM
:dblthumb2:

Good job Dwayne!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Rsurfer
09-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Nice write up Dwayne, good job.

dickwitham
09-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Very nice write up! I think the big thing you cleared up for people was not to use dish soap...I hear about people using it all the time!

Dwayne
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Very nice write up! I think the big thing you cleared up for people was not to use dish soap...I hear about people using it all the time!

Just to clarify for that that have used dish soap. I'm sure that every once in a while isn't going to damage the paint (even though I don't personally recommend it). My concern when doing the interview was for those that use the dish soap every time they wash the car.

To those that do use dish soap, I always defer to the Dawn website:

FAQ (http://www.dawn-dish.com/en_US/questionsaboutdawn.do)

Can I use Dawn to clean things other than dishes?
Dawn is so effective in cutting grease on dishes that over the years, consumers have used Dawn on other greasy messes around their homes, from cleaning kitchen messes like grease build up on the stove range hood to oily spots in the garage. Dawn is not recommended for window cleaning, car washing, body wash or washing hair.

Harleyguy
09-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Just to clarify for that that have used dish soap. I'm sure that every once in a while isn't going to damage the paint (even though I don't personally recommend it). My concern when doing the interview was for those that use the dish soap every time they wash the car.

To those that do use dish soap, I always defer to the Dawn website:

FAQ (http://www.dawn-dish.com/en_US/questionsaboutdawn.do)

Can I use Dawn to clean things other than dishes?
Dawn is so effective in cutting grease on dishes that over the years, consumers have used Dawn on other greasy messes around their homes, from cleaning kitchen messes like grease build up on the stove range hood to oily spots in the garage. Dawn is not recommended for window cleaning, car washing, body wash or washing hair.Awesome write up Dwayne.Look at you bumping elbows with AP nice:props::props: And thanks for posting what dawn can be used for now i know why i have no hair left i thought it was because of age.

VISITOR
09-03-2009, 05:42 PM
as usual Dwayne, good job buddy! :props:

Pats300zx
09-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Nice job Dwayne. Way to represent...:dblthumb2:

ScottB
09-03-2009, 06:11 PM
you 'da man !

Visitor 2012
09-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Excellent tips Dwayne!

sydster
09-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Very Nice Dwayne! :dblthumb2:

HighEndDetail
09-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Cool Dwayne :xyxthumbs:

97zman
09-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Sweet. Very good points. I can't imagine the damage I did to paint in my younger years. I'm really starting to dig this AG place.:xyxthumbs:

Jimmie
09-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Good interview Dwayne :xyxthumbs:

Gary Sword
09-04-2009, 06:31 AM
Nice Dwayne! :xyxthumbs: BUT

I think you should have pugged the up comming Dwayne50 Sale.:poke: