PDA

View Full Version : Old wolfgang polycharging

MoBenzOwner
09-01-2009, 10:17 AM
I have a bottle of the old version WGDGPS (the version prior to 3.0). I came across some polycharger and was wondering what additional durability I might expect. Also would the durability be better enchanced by polycharging or applying over DG601 PBA? I have some 3.0, but really would like to use up the old version dgps as well. Thanks all for your thoughts.

Mike Phillips
09-01-2009, 10:46 AM
I have a bottle of the old version WGDGPS (the version prior to 3.0). I came across some polycharger and was wondering what additional durability I might expect. Also would the durability be better enchanced by polycharging or applying over DG601 PBA? I have some 3.0, but really would like to use up the old version dgps as well. Thanks all for your thoughts.

According to the manufacture of PolyCharger, it should work as long as the Wolfgang is still in good shape. Give it a try... let us know what you see...

:)

MoBenzOwner
09-01-2009, 11:14 AM
According to the manufacture of PolyCharger, it should work as long as the Wolfgang is still in good shape. Give it a try... let us know what you see...

:)

The wg is in good shape. I bought it just before the 3.0 came out. It has been stored in my basement at about 68 degrees and I give it a good shake every week to keep it well mixed. Wondering actually if it's durability after polycharging would be in line with the current 3.0 version?

acc1079
09-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Since you have both...... my vote is for a 50/50 panel comparison!! I would definitely be interested in the outcome!!

MoBenzOwner
09-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Since you have both...... my vote is for a 50/50 panel comparison!! I would definitely be interested in the outcome!!

We might just have to do that. Perhaps a hood with 3.0, a roof with polychaged old version, and trunk with old version over 601 pba.

Dont know how "pertinent" the test would be however, since there's probably not much old version wg left out there.

Bunky
09-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Can AG confirm that 3.0 polycharged so I can reference the answer in a forum if it is.

ScottB
09-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I have added the original polycharger to many sealants, playing with them. Generally I did not notice nor seek additional durability. Often it was the look that was a bit different, sometimes more glossy.