View Full Version : Menzerna Glaze

mbkite
08-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I have searched for days and found nothing but pb black hole and mig #7
How is menzerna glaze thanks all..
I did order it for the labor day sale.

nrengle
08-30-2009, 06:16 PM
I got a sample of the Menzerna glaze, and honestly I like the PB Black Hole a lot better. If you want filling PB's does it and it plays well with most sealants. The Menzerna didn't play well with my Wolfgang DGPS. Left little oily streaks that required a IPA wipedown to remove, and then a reapplication of DGPS.

Mike Phillips
09-16-2009, 09:51 AM
What are you wanting to do with the Menzerna Glaze?

(Or any glaze for that matter)

:)

mbkite
09-16-2009, 03:01 PM
I have a black car and i thought it would add a little
Trying to get that 3 mile deep wet look.

michael k
09-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Use #23 for Menzerna glaze...

Spruce up your 27 yr old classic bike.:props:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc219/walkingfloor198/sekai001.jpg

ScottB
09-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Menzerna makes a nice glaze, but certainly other glazes like Megs , Clearkote, and Poorboys which are nice also. Remember glazes are most often used for temp filling and to add gloss before the protection stage. Some newer glazes are being applied after waxing for show stopping finishes but havent heard how their lack of durability stands up for more than a couple hours in environment.

AeroCleanse
09-25-2009, 09:48 PM
If you can remove the defects then that's what you should do. If you can't, like not enough time, customer doesn't want to pay for it, etc... then I'd use the Menz Glaze.

michael k
09-26-2009, 01:39 AM
How do you use it?
Is it wowo or do you let it sit/haze then remove?
Do you apply generously or sparenly? (sp)
I recieved it in a kit I bought last year.Did a tests spot and had a tough time removing it.Maybe I used to much product?Not sure,I tried both PC and by hand and had the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

:buffing:

ScottB
09-26-2009, 07:53 AM
in general it is a wipe on, and buff off product. Glazes dont necessarily need to completely dry but follow the directions on the bottle from each manufacturer. You can use a machine or hand application.

AeroCleanse
09-26-2009, 10:44 AM
How do you use it?

From the bottle of Menzerna Finishing Glaze PO 115 C

"Instructions for use: Shake well before using. Apply to a clean, soft, dry cloth or polishing pad and spread uniformly over the surface. Polish by hand or machine to high gloss. To minimize the possibility of staining, do no apply in direct sunlight or onto a hot surface."