PDA

View Full Version : Mama Not So Happy Now

NorahCRV
09-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Some of you may remember this thread . . . http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=765 , when I detailed the new 2007 Honda Fit??

Well, young Mr. Wonderful took it to Tucson this past weekend & brought it back looking like this . . .

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/60917FitScratches/DSC01362.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/60917FitScratches/DSC01354.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/60917FitScratches/DSC01360.jpg

AFTER I had calmed down, we gave it a very gentle wash with DP Xtreme Foam Auto Shampoo & the Foam gun (love that stuff!! :) ), and rinsed very throroughly before we dried it & I was pleased to see that not all the "marring" I had seen was due to scratches.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/60917FitScratches/DSC01398.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/60917FitScratches/DSC01402.jpg

But there are some noticeable scratches in the paint (see above picture) - I can feel that one with my fingernail :( So I have just ordered the XMT Light Swirl Remover Kit & XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover from Meghan (Thanks very much for all your help!!) Since I don't have a rotary, I plan to use the "Spot Buffer Kit" that I bought a while ago on these problem areas.

Any other words of advice or encouragement??

PS - Sorry about the picture size - I tried to downsize them :(

Rapidity
09-19-2006, 01:41 PM
what the heck happened? That sounds like a good story... he swapping paint on the interstate?

NorahCRV
09-19-2006, 01:47 PM
No, thank goodness!!

The car was attacked by a thorny PaloVerde tree in a dust storm! :(

FloridaNative
09-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Yikes!! i think you'll like the XMT Norah. It works well and finishes down nicely.

Oceanedge
09-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Yowzers!!

How the heck did the tree get both sides of the car?....Was is chasing him down the road with a supercharger strapped on it's branches?....Or did he try to run it down in reverse?

FloridaNative
09-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Yowzers!!

How the heck did the tree get both sides of the car?....Was is chasing him down the road with a supercharger strapped on it's branches?....Or did he try to run it down in reverse?

LMAO it sounds like something from a cartoon! Too funny!

Al-53
09-19-2006, 02:44 PM
I talked to Norah last night about this tree..lol....at first I thought her son was attacked by a band of bears...but was told it was a tree...

Now..she lives in AZ...a very strange place...no rain..high temps...I mean high..I feel sorry for her...who can live at temps daily at 100-113..not me..

anyways...like i said..no rain..hi temps..scorpions...poison snakes...black widow spiders....Gila Monsters...killer bees....Volcanoes...now they have Killer Trees..after some research I found they are off springs of the Killer Tomatoe plants...mutated from the Nuclear Waste Facility in AZ....very secret place...

Now when passig thru AZ remember this...Pedal To The Metal and don't look back...or you may get attacked...

I told Norah she should have no problem correcting the paint...most was just surface scuffing...

the heavy scratches should come out with a 4" pad and some medium cut polish...they may not remove completely..but will be reduced to not sticking out..the part in her favor is the Honda paint is soft...so may be able to work it out completey..

careful though...

Al

FloridaNative
09-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Norah, what kind of camera do you use?? It takes really nice pictures.

NorahCRV
09-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks, Jen, it's Sony DSC-W7 camera. I picked it up on clearance this spring - works great as a "point & shoot", and it apparently has some manual settings that I have not yet explored. :)

Thanks Al - I'll keep you posted on any volcanic activity in the area!! ;)

Oceanedge - lol - PaloVerde trees have very long flexible branches & apparently he was parked close enough that it was able to sweep from one side of the car to the other across the back as it blew in the wind. :( Strangely, except for some scratches on the rear deck & spoiler, the roof seems ok.

But he said he did learn a lesson from this . . . next time they're taking HER car!!! :p

joe.p
09-19-2006, 04:17 PM
I remember the day you started thread and yes you where a very proud momma,but i was expecting to see pics of a cute lil new born,fooled me lol.
The car looked a bit rough but you did a fine job restoring the damage.

I was a proud Paapa in April maybe this will make you feel better :( . Dina didn't even make the 1st payment. The ins company claimed it a total the entire right side of the under frame was twisted.. Had the car not had so many safety features she could have been seriously hurt or worse.

Norah, Had i known about your polishing skills i would called you first ;)
2006 Toyota Scion TC..

NorahCRV
09-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Gee, Joe, it almost looks like the new tire sticker is still on the tread of the right front tire in the fourth picture!!

I'm so glad that she's ok!! One of the things that sold me on the Fit (besides it being a Honda ;) ) - was the wrap-around air bags!!! It's really scary when you put them out on the road, isn't it??

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not sure that I could polish out a bent frame!! :eek:

PS - Just made the third payment, must almost be time to trade it in - NOT!!

joe.p
09-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Gee, Joe, it almost looks like the new tire sticker is still on the tread of the right front tire in the fourth picture!!

I'm so glad that she's ok!! One of the things that sold me on the Fit (besides it being a Honda ;) ) - was the wrap-around air bags!!! It's really scary when you put them out on the road, isn't it??

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not sure that I could polish out a bent frame!! :eek:

PS - Just made the third payment, must almost be time to trade it in - NOT!!
I know you where probably up set but looking at Dinas cars its not so bad. She bought the car in late april the accident happend in early june,and yes the airbags saved her life according to the adjuster and the owner of the bodyshop luckily it was also equiped with a knee airbag as well.

FloridaNative
09-20-2006, 07:19 AM
I remember the day you started thread and yes you where a very proud momma,but i was expecting to see pics of a cute lil new born,fooled me lol.
The car looked a bit rough but you did a fine job restoring the damage.

I was a proud Paapa in April maybe this will make you feel better :( . Dina didn't even make the 1st payment. The ins company claimed it a total the entire right side of the under frame was twisted.. Had the car not had so many safety features she could have been seriously hurt or worse.

Norah, Had i known about your polishing skills i would called you first ;)
2006 Toyota Scion TC..

Oh my!! Thank God she's okay. :eek: