PDA

View Full Version : Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning - Let's learn the most effective way.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Da Fats
01-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Skip extractor... jump to a steamer and never look back.

There is no function from an extractor you cant duplicate with an equally priced steamer, a spray bottle and shop vac. The steamer gets way hotter and the vac has more pull to get water back out.

My 2 cents.

lawrenceSA
01-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, but I often see reference to a 'shop vac'.

What is this? :confused:

Is it a more powerful household vac?

BillE
01-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, but I often see reference to a 'shop vac'.

What is this? :confused:

Is it a more powerful household vac?

In a word...yes.

Also one thing about a 'shop vac' is they (for the most part) are wet/dry.

Bill

lawrenceSA
01-07-2014, 08:24 AM
In a word...yes.

Also one thing about a 'shop vac' is they (for the most part) are wet/dry.

Bill

Thanks for the clarification.

Being over here in South Africa, some of the terminology thrown around on the forum is sometimes quite different and so I just wanted to check it wasn't a specific brand of vacuum cleaner, that...... sucked...... better than the rest:D

Da Fats
01-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

Being over here in South Africa, some of the terminology thrown around on the forum is sometimes quite different and so I just wanted to check it wasn't a specific brand of vacuum cleaner, that...... sucked...... better than the rest:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf1SLY8UP-Q]Powr Flite PF51 review Part I - YouTube[/video]

Great option shown in this video

DaVinciAutoSpa
01-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Maybe this will help others.

Vacuum, pre-treat with Matrix Grand Slam, let work for 10 minutes, scrub with terry cloth towel, steam. Extract if you'd like.

Did some floor mats from a Honda Pilot, turned out great. Can't see doing carpets any other way now.