PDA

View Full Version : Finish Kare

Buckskincolt
08-28-2009, 06:36 PM
OK all you Finish Kare users, Tell Us Noobs the best stuff from Finish Kare so we can get in on the "good stuff" as well! I know the 425 is the king but what else would you all recommend? :help: placing my order tonight!:wave:

POPPAJ
08-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Noob alright. You buy it all!!

agpatel
08-28-2009, 06:50 PM
1000P is a great sealant, last a very long time, nice tight beads, and a good base if you wanna puta nuba on top.

VISITOR
08-28-2009, 08:36 PM
both their paste waxes...

02CAMSS
08-28-2009, 09:48 PM
2180 and 1000p as a combo seem to last forever.2180 and pink wax on top is also a great combo.I have used a lot of waxes and in my opinion Pink wax blows every nuba I have used in the 75$ or less and some even more expensive away.(just my opinion).It smells like shoe polish but is easy to use and has a wet look with a nuba glow and does not mute flake.I am going on three month on my daily driver and it is still going strong.In fact I have sold off all my waxes except for a few high dollar ones in favor of pink wax.1000p is my go to sealant though it is not as easy to use as a liquid it only has a 20 minute cure time before it can be topped or second coated and has lasted longer than any other sealant I have tried.If you get any of the products above use 425 in between coats and as a final wipedown or mist the panel with it before you remove the product(spit shine) for even better results.

WAX-BANDIT
08-28-2009, 09:49 PM
top coat interior cleaner:props:

Buckskincolt
08-28-2009, 10:39 PM
2180 and 1000p as a combo seem to last forever.2180 and pink wax on top is also a great combo.I have used a lot of waxes and in my opinion Pink wax blows every nuba I have used in the 75$ or less and some even more expensive away.(just my opinion).It smells like shoe polish but is easy to use and has a wet look with a nuba glow and does not mute flake.I am going on three month on my daily driver and it is still going strong.In fact I have sold off all my waxes except for a few high dollar ones in favor of pink wax.1000p is my go to sealant though it is not as easy to use as a liquid it only has a 20 minute cure time before it can be topped or second coated and has lasted longer than any other sealant I have tried.If you get any of the products above use 425 in between coats and as a final wipedown or mist the panel with it before you remove the product(spit shine) for even better results.

02CAMSS,

Thanks for the reply and tips. I ordered before you posted but I'm pretty close to what you suggested. I bought the 2180 (looked like their toughest sealant) and some 425 (because everyone raves about it) but I didn't buy the 1000P, probably should have but I had DP MAX WAX already in my cart and wanted to give a good nuba a try as a top coat, I'm used to Zaino Z2/Z5 for a LSP and wanted to see the difference that a quality nuba gives. (maybe I should have went with the pink instead of the DP/MW?) I appreciate the tip to apply 425 between coats, do you think that still will work using DP/MW instead of the 1000?

As a side note I'm going to apply the 2180 to my 5th wheel toy hauler for protection. I think the anti static combined with the sealant protection will be a great product for the RV.

Thanks again I appreciate the help! :bowdown:

Yale

02CAMSS
08-29-2009, 08:27 AM
02CAMSS,

Thanks for the reply and tips. I ordered before you posted but I'm pretty close to what you suggested. I bought the 2180 (looked like their toughest sealant) and some 425 (because everyone raves about it) but I didn't buy the 1000P, probably should have but I had DP MAX WAX already in my cart and wanted to give a good nuba a try as a top coat, I'm used to Zaino Z2/Z5 for a LSP and wanted to see the difference that a quality nuba gives. (maybe I should have went with the pink instead of the DP/MW?) I appreciate the tip to apply 425 between coats, do you think that still will work using DP/MW instead of the 1000?

As a side note I'm going to apply the 2180 to my 5th wheel toy hauler for protection. I think the anti static combined with the sealant protection will be a great product for the RV.

Thanks again I appreciate the help! :bowdown:

Yale

I always use 2180 as my base before 1000p or Pink wax.Remember 1000p is a sealant and it will far outlast DP maxwax.The MaxWax is a good wax with a nice glow but I like the pink wax far better as I know it will last longer than maxwax(from experiance with both products) and not only will it give that nuba glow but it also give a nice degree of wetness to the finish without looking plastic.The Max wax will be fine over 2180 it just will not last as long.Remember when using 2180 your paint will seem to absorb it so work it in to one panel at a time and then move on to the next.I do the whole car with 2180 one panel at a time then let the vehicle covered in product sit for 20 minutes and then come back and remove the 2180 with a mist of 425 on each panel.

Buckskincolt
08-29-2009, 10:06 AM
I always use 2180 as my base before 1000p or Pink wax.Remember 1000p is a sealant and it will far outlast DP maxwax.The MaxWax is a good wax with a nice glow but I like the pink wax far better as I know it will last longer than maxwax(from experiance with both products) and not only will it give that nuba glow but it also give a nice degree of wetness to the finish without looking plastic.The Max wax will be fine over 2180 it just will not last as long.Remember when using 2180 your paint will seem to absorb it so work it in to one panel at a time and then move on to the next.I do the whole car with 2180 one panel at a time then let the vehicle covered in product sit for 20 minutes and then come back and remove the 2180 with a mist of 425 on each panel.

I just send Meghan an E-mail to see if I can add the 1000p to my order. I guess that's how we all find what we use is to try a bunch of different products until we find the combination we like most. That's why they make so many products because everyone doesn't like the same things for what ever reason.