PDA

View Full Version : UPGP shelf life

Piku
08-28-2009, 03:21 PM
A couple of days ago, I received my order of UPGP (4oz). At the bottom of the bottle it says that it is made on 3/18/08. That is about 1.5 years old. I red on an other forum that polycharged products are good for about 2 years.
I only detail our two cars so I would think that that bottle would last me longer than 6 months.
What is the shelf life of UPGP and should I worry about mine being so "old"? :confused:

AeroCleanse
08-28-2009, 04:04 PM
My bottle has no date on it. It could be the date the plastic bottle was made, not when it was filled.

Piku
08-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Maybe, but the date is on a sticker not stamped into the plastic. That's why I think it is the date the bottle was filled.

AeroCleanse
08-28-2009, 07:13 PM
There isn't a date on my 4oz UPGP bottle. Where on the label is yours?

ScottB
08-28-2009, 08:16 PM
I still have some of the original batch and seems to be working fine. Never heard two years with polycharger specifically, but then again didnt search for it.

Piku
08-28-2009, 10:00 PM
It is a paper sticker at the bottom of the bottle. I took pictures but could not get the writing to show with my basic camera.

It says: MFG DATE 03-24-08

(I typed my original post at work and did not remember the exact date.)

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r224/piku123/111_1194.jpg

Piku
08-28-2009, 10:07 PM
I still have some of the original batch and seems to be working fine. Never heard two years with polycharger specifically, but then again didnt search for it.

Killr, I bought this from Autogeek so you could probably go take a look at them.

The two years with polycharger is what I red on the internet, so it must be true, you know.:D

ScottB
08-29-2009, 03:21 AM
Killr, I bought this from Autogeek so you could probably go take a look at them.

The two years with polycharger is what I red on the internet, so it must be true, you know.:D

unfortunately I am offsite as a consultant, they wont let me near the office without security for fear of my "testing requests" ... :xyxthumbs: I will however check with Meghan or Jason but bet you'll be ok. Heck both my Polycharger and UPGP are older than that and still seem in fine condition.

Piku
08-29-2009, 10:00 AM
unfortunately I am offsite as a consultant, they wont let me near the office without security for fear of my "testing requests" ... :xyxthumbs: I will however check with Meghan or Jason but bet you'll be ok. Heck both my Polycharger and UPGP are older than that and still seem in fine condition.

Good to know. Thanks!

I found this FAQ from Ultima.

What is the shelf life of Ultima Paint Guard Plus?
We are not aware of any issues reducing shelf life. Due to the product's reactive nature with oxygen, the sprayer will fail if the cap is not applied after use.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus Clearcoat Paint Sealant (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ult-1004-100.html)

Mikejl
08-29-2009, 10:31 AM
What is the shelf life of Ultima Paint Guard Plus?
We are not aware of any issues reducing shelf life. Due to the product's reactive nature with oxygen, the sprayer will fail if the cap is not applied after use.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus Clearcoat Paint Sealant (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ult-1004-100.html)
I am counting on UPGP living up to that claim. I bought three 12 oz bottles for use on my wifes Trailblazer when the MikePhillips sale was still $95 to get the 20% discount. I sold one bottle to a friend at work.

I figure 2 bottles will last me at least 5 years used only on her Trailblazer. :)

Mike