PDA

View Full Version : Best of the best cheap LSPs?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

tony0057
08-27-2009, 01:15 PM
So far from what I have read there are several good waxes/sealants that are under $30, many of them actually under $20. I haven't used all of them, but I'm sure that collectively we all have. Which of these do you think is king of the hill and why?
Slickness, Durability, Shine, etc? Discuss any product you think deserves mention that I left out.

DP Max Wax
Collinite Insulator Wax
Natty's Blue or Red
S100

My vote is for Collinite Insulator Wax. Durable as heck, slick, and cheap. What more could you ask for?

ryandamartini
08-27-2009, 02:06 PM
DP MaxWax is HANDS DOWN the best nuba wax in its price range. It makes any color deeper and more reflective. It is a true WOWO and comes off like butter. It also leaves a very slick and smooth finish. There to me is no beating DP at its pricepoint or even up one level.

Meghan
08-27-2009, 02:07 PM
I am with Ryan.

AeroCleanse
08-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Ultima Paint Guard Plus, goes on easy and lasts a long time.

acc1079
08-27-2009, 02:34 PM
For longevity, I reach for the collinite. It is also easy to use which is a plus.

For looks and "pleasure" of using, I would say Natty's red gets my vote. It is the only wax that has impressed me way over what I expected from it. I expect waxes like fuzion and others in that price to look amazing, but the first time I used the red, I really didn't expect to get that result from a bargain wax.

Anyways, just my .02.

akimel
08-27-2009, 03:09 PM
For the money, Collinite 845 gets my vote. It's fairly easy to apply and is durable as heck. It smells like depleted uranium (as one person once put it), but the smell grows on you. :)

I also cast a vote for Harly Wax, which sells for under $20 for a 14 oz tin. It's very easy to apply and remove and gives a warm, balanced shine. I like it a lot.

Finally, let me cast a vote for Mother's Reflections. Reflections looks great on my black car--clear and reflective--and is pretty durable.

Unfortunately, each of these waxes/sealants usually have to be ordered online (so you have to add in shipping charges), though there are a few places that carry the Collinite waxes and the Reflections line. Here in Roanoke, e.g., Reflections can be found at one of the Bumper to Bumper stores.

I have never used any of the Duragloss sealants, but I imagine DG users will be weighing in very soon. You can't beat their prices.

Piku
08-27-2009, 03:22 PM
I have been looking to pick up a true WOWO carnauba that is very easy to apply and remove. I don't know if I am getting lazy or out of shape, but I am tired of removing Meguiar's M26 and M16. I try to apply very thin layers. Ease of application and removal has climbed my priority chart. :)

I just received the UPGP (4oz) from Autogeek and I want to top that with a carnauba. I can't afford the Fuzion or Souveran so that's why I am looking at the DP MaxWax.

How does it compare to Souveran and Fuzion in regard to ease of application and removal as well as looks?

Also, how does it compare to Meguiar's M26 in the looks department? I am a fan of M26.

My car is an 06 VW GLI in Platinum Grey.

Im the MAN

Larry A
08-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Last Fall I put a coat of DG 501 on my wifes Mini-van because I didnt have the time to do a full blown detail on it and to my suprise it lasted most of the winter.

Presidential_Detail
08-27-2009, 03:52 PM
My vote goes for Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Sealant. Ever since I got a sample, its all I have used lately! Its amazingly easy, you can apply it with a PC in under 10 minutes to the entire car and then effortlessly remove it and it leaves the slickest surface I have ever felt. It gets a 10/10 in my book, I havent found any issues with it yet.

ScottB
08-27-2009, 03:54 PM
DP Max Wax on sale, or XMT180 as backup.

Streetlife
08-27-2009, 06:49 PM
From my experience i'll have to say PB Natty's blue or red ( I have them both) and SCG barrier reef is another good liquid wax for under $20. I wouldn't hesitate to touch DP Max wax though, to be honest, i have 7 different waxes in my arsenal, i think i'm set on waxes for a while. Not to mention, i'm content with my arsenal.:props:

detail viking
08-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Duragloss 111, Poorboy's, Collinite 915 (kinda cheap), not in that order.... I really want to try Max Wax also.

Superdutytd
08-28-2009, 02:29 AM
I've got some Max Wax sitting here that I'm going to try and see how it compares to some higher priced ones. I've heard good things about it!

Gary Sword
08-28-2009, 05:33 AM
Collinite 915 looks great and will out last any other carnauba wax.

hondajake
08-28-2009, 05:35 AM
Im with those who say Natty's Red.