PDA

View Full Version : DP wheel glaze?

teeks
09-18-2006, 08:51 PM
What does everyone use to clean their wheels that have been treated with DP wheel glaze? I love how it helps keeping the wheels on my audi clean (german cars suck for brake dust :() the last time I cleaned them while they had the DP on them, the cleaner I used seemed to make the brake dust harder to remove if anything, and I think I remember the instructions saying to avoid harsh cleaners. any suggestions or personal experiences?

Reddwarf
09-18-2006, 08:58 PM
I have been successful in just using soap and water after applying the DP Wheel Glaze. Once the wheel Glaze wears off (as in the soap and water ain't cutting it) I use DP Wheel Cleaner and then reapply the glaze.

PS. Note, I don't have a German car however.

Excessive Detail
09-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Soap and water or a good diluted apc, I've been turned on to purple power, cheap and strong, works good in a foam gun too, to protect them I like klasse sg or dp glaze, no carnubas they attract brake dust.

coondog64
09-18-2006, 10:01 PM
As long as the wheel is not too dirty, you can simply spray with water and soap and reapply the wheel galze. It will act as a cleaner and galze. I have done this a few times and have had good results.

But the DP wheel cleaner works great too, all depends what you have time for.

ScottB
09-19-2006, 06:05 PM
I use it monthly on my wheels. I then only use water and car wash soap. Usually a soap like Duragloss, Zaino, or Einszett with some polymer protection to keep it going.

joe.p
09-19-2006, 06:11 PM
I use it monthly on my wheels. I then only use water and car wash soap. Usually a soap like Duragloss, Zaino, or Einszett with some polymer protection to keep it going.
Duragloss eh :)

ScottB
09-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Duragloss eh :)

I rather like the wash ... and the QuickWax is growing on me. Not quite 425 (I like the antistatic) but QW is glossy. Not quite sure about the polishes yet ..seems very Zaino the more I look at it.

joe.p
09-19-2006, 07:29 PM
I rather like the wash ... and the QuickWax is growing on me. Not quite 425 (I like the antistatic) but QW is glossy. Not quite sure about the polishes yet ..seems very Zaino the more I look at it.
I think the soap will do,so far i gave the FK#425 a shot i had a 4oz sample it was a one time deal QD ,so far i'm loving my QS when i run out i have 32 oz bottle of FK1 #425 to work with then i'll have more exp between the two and will be able to give a better opinion of the two..