PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Leather Protectant Trigger Sprayer

Mister B
08-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Has anyone used Optimum Leather Protectant?

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2066_115166893

I bought a bottle a little while back and just recently got a chance to use it. The product itself seems to work good, but I really dislike the trigger sprayer. Whether I have the sprayer set on spray or stream does not seem to make any difference. I only get a stream of product from the sprayer. I'd like to be able to mist the product, so I may just buy a generic spray bottle and transfer the product to that so that I can get a mist type spray verse the stream.

I was just curious to see if anyone else that has used this product has experienced the same thing from their bottle?

howejt
08-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Yes, the sprayer does not work well-- I think the product is too thick for the sprayer to atomize. I use a foam applicator to apply the product with more control and so the actual spray pattern doesn't cause an issue for me. But certainly, the sprayer isn't optimal.

Bunky
08-26-2009, 10:50 AM
For something like cleaning leather, I would also recommend using using an applicator anyway. It goes where you want it and you can apply it much more evenly. Plus I have perforated leather so spraying anything is not good either.

I apply spray waxes the same way for the same reasons.

Mister B
08-26-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm actually using it on my dash and door panels. I don't have any leather in my truck. I was spraying it onto a microfiber cloth and then wiping the dash and door panels down.

I picked this product up after reading Tim Lingor's (2hotford) review on Optimum Protectant Plus. I read that the Optimum Leather Protectant was the same thing as the Optimum Protectant Plus, just in a smaller quantity. So I bought it to try.

Bunky
08-26-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm actually using it on my dash and door panels. I don't have any leather in my truck. I was spraying it onto a microfiber cloth and then wiping the dash and door panels down.

I picked this product up after reading Tim Lingor's (2hotford) review on Optimum Protectant Plus. I read that the Optimum Leather Protectant was the same thing as the Optimum Protectant Plus, just in a smaller quantity. So I bought it to try.

I thought Dr. G they were not the same but the Leather Protectant could be used on all vinyl surfaces and leather so if you wanted one do it all the Leather prduct was the way to go.