PDA

View Full Version : Plexus

InTheBuff
08-25-2009, 04:38 PM
I just got my first can of Plexus from PBMA. I must say that it came with a nice mango microfiber towel. I laundered that bad boy right away. It did a nice job on my HP monitor screen.

I am excited to try it on my headlights and see if I can keep them from long-term yellowing.

On to the automotive question...

Is it safe to use Plexus on touch screens? Think navigation radios, IPOD touch, Garmin GPS, Employment Kiosk at Wal-mart, etc. I can't see why not, but would hate to foul something up with good intentions.

As always, thanks for the helpful feedback.

ScottB
08-25-2009, 04:48 PM
I have used Plexus and DP Plex-All (our version) on many screens and radio displays without issue. Works on tinted windows too. I love to have a can at all times and can attest to no fading on my headlamps (Vette) since new and used it religiously on them.

Meghan
08-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Love the Plexus, got to get one of the small Pocket Plexus, I use it on my sunglasses!

loudog2
08-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Spray a microfiber first, then wipe the screen. Never spray directly on electronic devices.

02CAMSS
08-25-2009, 07:33 PM
The only thing I will ever use on my instrument clusters.

unclestu
08-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Should I be using this on the headlights of my 2009 Porsche ? For preventative maintenance. Thanks for any info.

loudog2
08-25-2009, 07:39 PM
I use it on my infiniti headlights, and clear bra for maintenance.

Rsurfer
08-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Should I be using this on the headlights of my 2009 Porsche ? For preventative maintenance. Thanks for any info.Great protection for headlights and tinted windows.

eddie6th
08-25-2009, 10:45 PM
I've only used Meguiar's plastX. If anyone knows,how is the aggressivness of Plexus compared to other products,including 3M,meg's plastX and Novus?

Novus has a 3 step system. Cleaner,heavy cut and fine polish.

InTheBuff
08-26-2009, 07:55 AM
I've only used Meguiar's plastX. If anyone knows,how is the aggressivness of Plexus compared to other products,including 3M,meg's plastX and Novus?

Novus has a 3 step system. Cleaner,heavy cut and fine polish.

I am no Plexus expert, since I am only working with my first can of the product. I have done some experimenting with it, though.

I would look at Plexus as preventative care. PlastX and the Novus, I feel are more restorative care. Plexus cuts lightly but seems to do more filling, if that makes sense to you. I've used PlastX and Novus, and those products can cut quite a bit.

If your headlights are already yellowed, you'd want either the PlastX or the Novus products.

Jimmie
08-26-2009, 09:58 AM
I have used Plexus and DP Plex-All (our version) on many screens and radio displays without issue. Works on tinted windows too. I love to have a can at all times and can attest to no fading on my headlamps (Vette) since new and used it religiously on them.
:iagree::whs:, and one of my favorite uses is interior wood trim.

eddie6th
08-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I am no Plexus expert, since I am only working with my first can of the product. I have done some experimenting with it, though.

I would look at Plexus as preventative care. PlastX and the Novus, I feel are more restorative care. Plexus cuts lightly but seems to do more filling, if that makes sense to you. I've used PlastX and Novus, and those products can cut quite a bit.

If your headlights are already yellowed, you'd want either the PlastX or the Novus products.

Thanks. PlastX is good for headlights and suchlike. Things like instrument clusters are a bit more tricky/delicate. Sounds like plexus is a good choice here.