PDA

View Full Version : Help With One Step Detail

PearlWhiteGT
08-25-2009, 11:35 AM
I want to do a one step detail on my girlfriends 03 G35 Coupe. Can someone recommend what I should use & how to use it please. Here is a list of the products I have so far. Thanks!

Flex 3401
Poor Boys SSR 2.5
Poor Boys SSR1
Poor Boys Final Polish
Poor Boys Natty's Blue
Orange Pad
White Pad
Red Pad
Lots of MF Towels

Here is a pic of the car from when she first bought it a couple of years ago. It has some light swirls now & the paint is not as wet looking anymore. I just want it to look a lot better than it does now. I don't have any pics of what it looks like at this time.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/PearlWhiteGT/2007_0914G350010.jpg

loudog2
08-25-2009, 12:02 PM
I'd say use the SSR1 with a LC soft green pad first, if the paint is not too bad. SSR1 is a nano polish, so it won't cause additional marring

If the paint is bad, you can use the SSR2.5 w/a green pad also. It says it can be used as a one step.

PearlWhiteGT
08-25-2009, 12:23 PM
What would happen if I used SSR 1 with a White pad?

loudog2
08-25-2009, 12:37 PM
A white pad will leave behind some marring. But, I guess a little marring left behind, still looks better than doing nothing at all.

SRHTX
08-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Ahhhh.. Bought it from Gunn there on 281 in San Antonio. I use to live a few miles from there.

Now, on the RED G35 Coupe. Are you sure you really only wish to do a 1 stage on it? If that Red G35 has not had the exterior taken care of, I would recomend more than just a 1 step deal. I know SA is not all that humid vs. the Valley or Houston BUT, they sun is always out in full force.

My $.02

Stephen

loudog2
08-25-2009, 12:51 PM
To be honest, you need more pads. Add the grey, and 3-4 of each pad. Do a 2 step with the 2.5 w/a white pad. Then finish down with the 1 w/a grey pad.

PearlWhiteGT
08-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Sounds good guys. I'll get some more pads first & do a 2 step. How do I know when a pad needs to be changed with an other of the same color? I've read that you will need at least 3 pads of each color for an entire car.

She bought the car in San Antonio but she lives in Corpus Christi. The car has only been waxed a few times but never polished.

SRHTX
08-25-2009, 01:08 PM
#1 - Sounds good guys. I'll get some more pads first & do a 2 step. How do I know when a pad needs to be changed with an other of the same color? I've read that you will need at least 3 pads of each color for an entire car.

#2 - She bought the car in San Antonio but she lives in Corpus Christi. The car has only been waxed a few times but never polished.

#1 - You just need to make sure those pads stay moist and not dried out. Also, any imblems on the G35 need to be taped off. If not, those emblams can, and will, tear up the pad(s). You will just have to keep you eyes on the pads. Also, what buffer do you have? Oh, also, are you going to CLAY the G35 1st before you put the buffer on it? I hope so.

#2 - You nailed it right there. If you/her live in Corpus, boy, you WILL need to atleast a 2 stage on it since you live in a humid area. At least, you get more rain there than we do down in the valley. LOL

Stephen

PearlWhiteGT
08-25-2009, 01:45 PM
#1 - You just need to make sure those pads stay moist and not dried out. Also, any imblems on the G35 need to be taped off. If not, those emblams can, and will, tear up the pad(s). You will just have to keep you eyes on the pads. Also, what buffer do you have? Oh, also, are you going to CLAY the G35 1st before you put the buffer on it? I hope so.

#2 - You nailed it right there. If you/her live in Corpus, boy, you WILL need to atleast a 2 stage on it since you live in a humid area. At least, you get more rain there than we do down in the valley. LOL

Stephen

I have the Flex 3401. I do plan on claying the car first as well.

As far as the pads, all I have to watch out for is them drying up on me?