PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Dust

PearlWhiteGT
08-25-2009, 09:11 AM
I was messing around with my flex 3401 yesterday trying to learn how to use it. Tested it on the hood of one of my cars. I was using a orange pad with some PB SSR 2.5 & after a few passes I noticed that it was shooting dust everywhere from the polish. Why is this???

MoBenzOwner
08-25-2009, 09:33 AM
probably using too much polish would be my guess.

Mike Phillips
08-25-2009, 09:45 AM
I was messing around with my flex 3401 yesterday trying to learn how to use it. Tested it on the hood of one of my cars. I was using a orange pad with some PB SSR 2.5 & after a few passes I noticed that it was shooting dust everywhere from the polish. Why is this???

When you first start out with a dry pad the pad will tend to absorb some of the wetness of the product and as a result you'll go to a dry buff much faster.

Apply some more product and test again. Also don't buff to a dry buff, you should always have a wet film on the car. No matter what type of machine you're using.

;)

PearlWhiteGT
08-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I sprayed this on the pad before I began using it.
XMT Polishing Pad Conditioner by Pinnacle For your dual action or rotary polisher. (http://www.autogeek.net/xmt--pad-conditioner.html)

How lond should I be polishing each 2x2 panel with the flex before removing the polish?

loudog2
08-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Some products dust. I did a detail last weekend. The floor along side the car had white dust piles. I used wolfgang TSR 3.0, which I haven't used in a while. The car looked great after a one step using a LC soft green. Put some FK 2180 topped with P21S 100%. The girl was happy as can be.