PDA

View Full Version : Black Bumper and Trim

OGauge4Me
08-25-2009, 06:20 AM
I just purchased a new 09 Tacoma that has a flat black bumper and some black trim. The surface is not totally smooth. I want to retain the clean flat look but still look sharp. What product do you use to keep the bumper and trim looking good?

Nappers
08-25-2009, 06:45 AM
I use Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer, Meguiar's All Season Dressing(Detailer Line), and Meguiar's M40(Mirror Glaze Line). Meghan recommended that I try Black Wow.

ASD (All Season Dressing) is a bit shiny but if you apply it let it stand a moment and wipe off, it's not as shiny.

Buckskincolt
08-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Poorboy's trim restorer.

Poorboy's Trim Restorer: Touching up the trim with Poorboy’s Trim Restorer provides the final polishing step in your quest for the perfect finish. (http://www.autogeek.net/pbtr16.html)

I just used it yesterday on my Honda Element and it's great stuff, goes on easy and slick then buff off after it sits for a few minutes. Wont be flat but makes it look better than new with a moderate gloss. I used a tire dressing foam applicator to apply it and it worked great...Smells good too!:dblthumb2:

OGauge4Me
08-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks Guys I think I will give Black Wow a shot. I want to keep my new Taco looking clean.

I really need to find some time to Jewel the paint. ;)

Matt
08-25-2009, 09:32 PM
If it's brand new, I would say use 303 seeing as there's nothing that needs to be restored.

Buckskincolt
08-25-2009, 10:38 PM
If it's brand new, I would say use 303 seeing as there's nothing that needs to be restored.

My Element is new as well. The PB products name says restorer but it works really well on new, you would not believe the difference it makes on new trim. It has a UV absorber in it to keep new looking new. I have used black wow and 303 (they're still on my shelf) and IMHO they don't hold a candle to pb's tr. and is much easier to apply than Black wow, no taping, no worries. Rained last night and not a streak, 303 I had trouble streaking in rain.

Take a look at AG's ratings, BW is 4 star and PBTR is 5 star. BW is $24.99 for a 4oz bottle, PBTR is $14.99 for a 16oz bottle. :xyxthumbs:

Matt
08-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Well I was very impressed with Poorboys Natural Look for the interior so I'll have to give Trim Restorer a try.

I too find it a hassle that the 303 needs to "set" for a few days before it can get wet but I still like it.

Thanks for the info.

Buckskincolt
08-26-2009, 02:46 AM
Well I was very impressed with Poorboys Natural Look for the interior so I'll have to give Trim Restorer a try.

I too find it a hassle that the 303 needs to "set" for a few days before it can get wet but I still like it.

Thanks for the info.

NP Matt,

I was really impressed when I went out and looked and no streaks!:eek: I was ready for a mess. I thought it would not have much effect on new trim but boy was I wrong. I've got to try a few more PB products.:buffing:

OGauge4Me
08-26-2009, 06:56 AM
I bought the Black Wow last night. I will probably pick up the PB Trim product with the next order.

TMD
08-26-2009, 07:00 AM
+1 for Poorboys Trim Restorer.

ron.logan
09-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Does PB TR work on black rubber trim like on my Explorer rear bumper/step by the back hatch opening? I also have it on the nurf bar/runnung board step. What is good for the rubber window moldings, something that wont run when it gets wet.