PDA

View Full Version : Suede Seats

Pages : [1] 2

06CivicSi
09-18-2006, 07:26 PM
What do i need in order to take care of my suede seats. I have looked all over the place and all i can find is a bursh and some cleaner... no conditioner. I am going to place a pretty big order tonight and was going to try some products on them.
Thanks!!!

MikeyC
09-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Careful! You can do more harm than good by using a leather product on your suede seats.

supercharged
09-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Suede seats, huh? That's very rare. Conolly Hide care would be a good choice. What kind of car is it for anyway?

MikeyC
09-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Suede seats, huh? That's very rare. Conolly Hide care would be a good choice. What kind of car is it for anyway?

Connolly Hide Care is not for use on suede according to AutoAnything.com. I had to look on several websites before I found that warning. I'm surprised Autogeek doesn't have that on their website.

supercharged
09-18-2006, 07:54 PM
I still wonder what kind of car is that for anyway?

MikeyC
09-18-2006, 07:58 PM
I still wonder what kind of car is that for anyway?
The seats could be aftermarket. Suede is not a very durable material so it's more likely that he's talking about Alcantra seats that look and feel like suede. Several cars come with Alcantra from the factory and several aftermarket seats use it as well.

06CivicSi
09-18-2006, 08:36 PM
no, they came stock in my new civic si. i might just get some aftermarket ones and cover them in black leather if i cant find anything to keep the suede up. i like leather better anyway.

articsilber323
09-18-2006, 09:48 PM
yea this is more of a cloth material that feels different

i just put my order in for a 07 rallye red si

whay color is yours?

06CivicSi
09-18-2006, 10:23 PM
black
:righton:
you will love it

articsilber323
09-18-2006, 10:29 PM
they should have called rallye red

cop magnet red

i can just feel it coming

supercharged
09-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Hmmmmm...Have you asked a dealer? What he recommends?

snomon1017
09-19-2006, 07:01 AM
I have suede seats in my Cobra (mustang). I found an excellent product(s) for both cleaning and protecting. It is Leather Master Nubuck Leather Cleaner and Nubuck Leather Protector. Note that Nubuck is another name for suede. The cleaner works wonders and the protector makes the seats as waterproof as a rubber dingy on a quiet pond. Spills just roll right off (I reference a certain ketchup incident involving my 5 year old). I'm sure you can google Leather Master for links. I got mine from another auto detailing site.

06CivicSi
09-19-2006, 07:49 AM
dealer told me to go to Classic Car Care(local detailer) and ask them. I did and all they knew was to brush it.

articsilber323
09-19-2006, 10:35 AM
the seats on the si are nothing like leather there a cloth material

supercharged
09-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I have suede seats in my Cobra (mustang). I found an excellent product(s) for both cleaning and protecting. It is Leather Master Nubuck Leather Cleaner and Nubuck Leather Protector. Note that Nubuck is another name for suede. The cleaner works wonders and the protector makes the seats as waterproof as a rubber dingy on a quiet pond. Spills just roll right off (I reference a certain ketchup incident involving my 5 year old). I'm sure you can google Leather Master for links. I got mine from another auto detailing site.
:iagree: This will be a good choice since he already has a car with suede seats, and found excellent products for them.