PDA

View Full Version : Exterior & Interior boat cleaning?

Silv03
08-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey guys my friend has a 20ft boat white fairly oxidized top mostly! He needs a good AIO that can remove the oxidation and give it a nice slick shine he has a PC and polishing pads he plans on applying that way. Now the inside is dirty with dirt and such what would be the process on cleaning the inside pressure washer or just spray a apc and wipe down with cloths?

Thanks

Meghan
08-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Well if its oxidized not sure an AIO is going to remove and leave a shine behind. Usually oxidized boats need a lot of TLC to get them back shining. I have a good thread to share with you...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/19709-premium-detailed-1996-cobalt-22ft-boat.html

Silv03
08-22-2009, 07:21 PM
How about duragloss 501 i heard alot of good reviews about it.... were not looking for perfection like a 3 step we just need some thing that could achieve some decent results in very little time!

Emile
08-23-2009, 01:39 AM
A lot of people say that Duragloss 501 with a PC and White Polishing Pads does a number on oxidation in just one step.

For the interior, you can use something like Optimum Power Clean and then rinse it off with a pressure washer. Just to clarify, do you mean like deck of the boat that is still exposed to the outdoors, or do you actually mean a small cabin inside of it?

Silv03
08-23-2009, 11:40 AM
A lot of people say that Duragloss 501 with a PC and White Polishing Pads does a number on oxidation in just one step.

For the interior, you can use something like Optimum Power Clean and then rinse it off with a pressure washer. Just to clarify, do you mean like deck of the boat that is still exposed to the outdoors, or do you actually mean a small cabin inside of it?

I meant the deck of the boat like seats and gauges speakers, etc... is it OK to use water around these parts? Should i follow up with a wax after 501?

Pats300zx
08-23-2009, 01:36 PM
DG 501 works great on boat oxidation with a white pad. I use it every time I polish my boat. I usually top it with Collonite 845 for maximum protection.