PDA

View Full Version : Video- Installing a Car Cover

Meghan
08-21-2009, 02:12 PM
A car is a big investment; for many, the biggest investment you’ll make besides a home. Whether you live in a cold or hot climate, keep it outside or in, drive it or don’t drive it, you can’t keep it completely sheltered from exposure to the elements, dust and even potential thieves. Covercraft makes a wide selection of car covers to help you do just that.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/covercraftH2.jpg

Covercraft Car Covers (http://www.autogeek.net/carcovers.html)

- Installing a Car Cover by CoverCraft

autocar
10-20-2009, 03:22 AM
This is a nice tutorial mate! Installing a car cover is what i'm lacking because I don't have a car cover yet but planning to buy.

ICEMAN
10-20-2009, 06:06 AM
the current garage is a storage unit, for our mustang, for the time being. Its covered while inside the storage unit.

Gary Sword
10-20-2009, 06:14 AM
I'm not sure I like the idea of rolling the cover on my paint. Here's how I always do it:
1. Set the cover on the roof.
2. Put the mirror pockets on the mirrors.
3. Pull the front of the cover over the front bumper without touching the paint on the hood.
4. Pull the back of the cover over the back bumper without touching the paint on the trunk.

Integra-S
11-27-2009, 03:19 PM
nice vid. I use 2 cover's for a little more protection should someone brush up against my car as it is in storage for winter

AeroCleanse
11-27-2009, 04:41 PM
A Porshe owner scratched the paint work badly on her hood, so make sure if you use a cover to be careful.

zinctech
01-13-2010, 09:43 PM
nice vid. I use 2 cover's for a little more protection should someone brush up against my car as it is in storage for winter
good idea
good video

christian900se
01-13-2010, 10:47 PM
I wonder though if these do scratch the paint as they move around during installation, removal, or outside with wind shifting it around a bit. I would love a car cover that had weather proof exterior layers but had something similar to a plush microfiber inner layer just for added safety.