PDA

View Full Version : Have I got all I need for a start?

HookEmHorns
08-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey y'all,

I've finally gotten the ok from my mom and step dad to order some stuff so I can get some extra dough rolling in while I'm at school to detail some cars for people! Im the MAN

So here is what I was thinking of starting with:
XMT swirl remover bundle
XMT carnuba finishing glaze
XMT high gloss carnuba paste wax
XMT pad care combo
PC7424XP
LC 5.5" CCS pads (3 of each color): Orange, White, Gray, Blue, and Red.

Do you guys think that would be a good start? I'm not sure about a good sealant still... or how to even apply the sealant...

Anyway, if someone could help me decide if this is a good start, I will order it soon and hopefully get it here before I have to go back to school!

Thanks,
HookEmHorns

Dusty Bottoms
08-21-2009, 01:32 PM
As far as sealant goes, I love Poorboy's EX-P. Wolfgang DGPS is an excellent choice, and seems to be a forum favorite. You use sealant between glaze and wax. One thing to make sure of is whether or not the sealant has cleaners in it, because it can clean off the glaze and all the defects will show back up. Another thing with sealant is you have to leave it to cure for 12-24 hours before applying wax. When I apply EX-P I apply it one panel at a time, and come back to where I began and wipe it off. If it doesn't come off easily, you may want to let it sit for another minute or two, then remove.

P.S. Do you own any quality microfiber??
P.P.S. GO BIG RED

loudog2
08-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Your good to go with what you have. I am a big fan of wolfgang DGPS. Don't forget about getting good carwash products and microfiber. Carwashing is the biggest culprit for swirls and scratches.