PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Wheel Brightener.

supercharged
09-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Anyone out there using Meguiar's Wheel Brightener? How is it? Meguiar's claims that it is safe for factory wheels. Is it safe? I'm planning to use that for bulk detailing.

Thanks in advance.

MikeyC
09-18-2006, 12:46 PM
I've been using Wheel Brightener for about a year now and all I have to say is . . . AWESOME. Hands down this is the most effective wheel cleaner I have ever used. I have found that even diluted 4:1 that this wheel cleaner is stronger than Poorboy's Spray & Rinse at full strength. It's the only truly spray and rinse wheel cleaner I've ever used. Wheel Brightener + Power Washer = quick, painless wheel cleaning. It is acid based so here are a few things to keep in mind . . .

Be careful not to get any overspray in your eyes or mouth
If you have to use a brush to agitate wear rubber gloves
Do not use on polished or anodized wheels as they will flash oxidize only use on painted or chrome wheelsPersonally, I only use WB on wheels that are neglected or if it's the first time I have detailed a car. If the wheels are well taken care of then I just use DP Wheel Cleaner as it's much safer for me and the car.

joe.p
09-18-2006, 02:13 PM
How about Non clear coated Aluminum wheels 4:1 ?

MikeyC
09-18-2006, 04:00 PM
How about Non clear coated Aluminum wheels 4:1 ?

Acid based wheel cleaners should only be used on painted or chromed wheels. Bare aluminum wheels will immediately start to oxidize if exposed to acid. If these wheels are exposed to acid it will take hours of polishing to restore their previous finish.

supercharged
09-18-2006, 04:04 PM
As far as I know it is not safe to use it on aluminum, coated, or non-coated. But sounds like you can dilute it 1:5, or even 1:6 if it is that strong. Once again, for bulk detailing only. On my car I only use DP, Wolfgang, and Pinnacle gel tire cleaners.