Inside-
Plastics and rubber-
DP Interior Surface Protectant- I HAVE TO SAY THIS IS MY FAVORITE
w/Microfiber pads

Gauges-
Plexus with a microfiber towel

Protect seats and carpets-BABY ON BOARD:eek:
Treat with Stoner Fabprotex

I will be doing most of this by hand with a Wolfgang Polishing Pal.

Let me know if you have any recomendations on other products. I will be starting on the truck on Saturday, pictures to follow. ;)

Neothin
03-29-2006, 10:43 PM
aight, i know that you like the DP line, but try out some 4* UPP. With the light metallic color of your truck, UPP best attributes can be used to great success. UPP is known for it's ability to brighten up the paint and give great metallic flake pop, all of which you want on lighter colors. to boot, i've had AIO/UPPx3 last 3 1/2 months in the florida summer. The slickness that UPP gives is also unmatched by any other product that i've come across. if you really want to, you can top with a carnauba. while this does give some added wetness (thou this can only be seen in twilight hours on lighter colors), the flake pop is kinda muted out a little bit, and you lose that insane slick feeling. plus you lose the ability to layer UPP more.
I have a thing against wheel cleaners. I don't trust the labels that they're completely 100% safe to use all the time. instead, i've sealed my wheels with a sealant (UPPx3) and now all it takes is some foam and a wheel brush to get rid of all the brake dust. foam isnt going to hurt anything and this gives me peace of mind that my new 18's are going to stay pretty for a long time to come.
Instead of using the bone to wash, try using sheepskin mitts. every microfiber washing product ive ever used (including the bone i picked up from you guys @ DF2005) have held on to dirt even after rinsing and this lead to some swirling during the wash. i dont have this problem with sheepskins. they rinse clean in the rinse bucket.
Instead of using 303 on the exterior trim, try using PB's trim restorer. when i used it on exterior plastic, 303 has ran everytime that it has gotten wet. ive applied, waited, and then buffed off as much excess as i could with a new towel, and it still ran. I did the same procedure with TR and i got no runs whatsoever. TR so gave a strikingly similar look. basically all the plus's without the minuses.