PDA

View Full Version : Autogeek's Forum Favorite Kit...Update?

helmet993
08-20-2009, 11:09 AM
First of all, Thank you for opening this post.

I'm new - working on an intro in the introduction forum...

Does the Klasse All-In-One, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, Pinnacle Souveran, Pinnacle Crystal Mist Spray Wax come together to create a forum favorite kit. (http://www.autogeek.net/forfavkit.html) need to be updated?

After spending about 4 hours last night searching this forum I have come to the conclusion that the current forum favorite now is something like:

wolfgang deep gloss 3.0 / fuzion topper (darker cars)
four star upp / fuzion or pinnacle signature series ii (lighter cars)

Also I will use Four Star Ultimate Spray Wax for a quick detailer after using a california microfiber duster...

I don't feel like any cutting polish is going to help really, but do I need a separate polish and sealant if I use the above products?

Any recommendations? I have already bought a bunch of microfiber shamrock buffing towels, and guzzler HD drying towels

My car is a 97 Porsche 911 Arctic Silver Metallic so I concentrated on comments made regarding products to make lighter color cars Pop.

I have been using Eagle One nano spray wax and that's about it, WOWO method. Wash with Optimum No rinse for about 2 years now.

I don't have any up close pictures of my car's paint surface, but it is not perfect. It has been clayed and feels smooth using the sandwich bag trick.

The paint is very glossy, but up close there are some micro chips and a few deeper rock chips from 85,000 miles of touring and about 15 track and autocross events:

http://helmreich.smugmug.com/photos/614503175_h4UPn-X2.jpg

http://helmreich.smugmug.com/photos/625313245_YjHhx-X2.jpg

ScottB
08-20-2009, 05:50 PM
there are many kits for many different desires. The forum kit has indeed been around since 2000-2002 and still a great combo. Maybe a forum fav platnium set or something could be added with some other combos.

helmet993
08-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the reply killr...

I'm not sure I want a kit, since I have a lot of stuff at home already, but I do want to get a new polish/sealant/topper system and hopefully will get some more input.

If you have anything more to add or recommendations, I appreciate your insight and experience.

Brett

Buckskincolt
08-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the reply killr...

I'm not sure I want a kit, since I have a lot of stuff at home already, but I do want to get a new polish/sealant/topper system and hopefully will get some more input.

If you have anything more to add or recommendations, I appreciate your insight and experience.

Brett

I'll be watching this one too!:bolt:TY!

Emile
08-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Optimum products make a silver vehicle look really really nice.

Start with a coat of Optimum Poli-Seal, then do a coat or two of Optimum Opti-Seal, and then use Optimum Car Wax to top the whole thing off. Then you can just maintain with Optimum Car Wax and you won't have to start over for at least 5 months, and you'll get a kickass shine from that silver Porsche.

helmet993
08-22-2009, 11:01 PM
How about Optimum vs. Four Star? I've read using a system is the best approach so I am between Wolfgang, Optimum and Four Star...

Any additional insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Meghan
08-23-2009, 06:47 AM
I think something important to remember is everyone is going to have their own favorite combination; you will figure it out after trying out a few different ones. You have to consider first if you want to just use a sealant, a wax or if you want to put down a sealant and layer with a wax. I know a popular combo with the forum members seems to be Wolfgang Sealant with a Pinnacle wax on top. We sell a lot of this kit too....
Wolfgang/Souveran Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/wg8001.html)
Really its all about what you like working with, some lines are a bit easier to work with then others. Just my .02 :coolgleam:

helmet993
08-24-2009, 11:12 PM
As I learn more, I am leaning toward more of a sealant and spray wax / quick detailer.

I would like your thoughts on the options below:

Option 1: Four Star UPP / Four Star ultimate spray wax

Option 2: Wolfgang DGPS / Wolfgang instant detail spritz

Option 3: Optimum Opti Seal / Optimum Poli Seal / Optimum Spray Wax

I'm thinking I don't want to do any wax quite yet, so I'm taking the 90% approach since my car has 85k on the paint it's never going to be perfect regardless of prep.

Emile
08-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Poli-Seal, Opti-Seal, and Opt Car Wax combination looks great on silver.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is also a great-looking paint sealant on any color that gives the paint great depth.

You can also mix and match, such as lay down a coat of Poli-Seal and then top it with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Going Mobile
08-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Poli-Seal, Opti-Seal, and Opt Car Wax combination looks great on silver ...

I've been using the above combo minus the Poli-Seal, on my silver daily driver, and it looks outstanding!:)