PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 915.....Is there anything that would remove it???

KenSekiguchi
08-20-2009, 12:39 AM
OK, so I have recently detailed my car using the following steps:

1. Wash with Dawn / ONR mixture
2. Clay Bar (Meg's Medium Clay Bar and ONR Clay Lube)
3. Menzerna PO 83 on LC CCS Orange
4. IPA wipe down
5. Menzerna PO 106FA on LC CCS White
6. IPA wipe down
7. Klasse AIO
8. Klasse HGSG
9. Collinite 915 (one coat)

Now, once I have finished, I realize that in the near future, mainly for the last detail before winter rolls around, how am I going to remove the last three steps knowing how durable and close to bullet-proof they are? I just searched around Google and have read that people are having a hard time even washing their cars due to the high beading and durability of Collinite 915. I was planning on detailing the car in a month or so, pretty much the same steps as above with the addition of two coats of HGSG and multiple coats of 915, excluding steps three and five depending if I need to or not. Would a wash followed by an IPA wipe down suffice as far as getting the last three products off of the clear coat? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

supercharged
08-20-2009, 01:10 AM
clay bar might partially/fully remove carnauba protection. Also a strong wash will weaken it/remove it...

A4 1.8tqm
08-20-2009, 03:16 AM
:iagree: Clay and I like ## citrus wash and clear or

Klasse AIO on LC white or gray will likely take care of that for you and its already part of your process. Win win. :cheers:

Gary Sword
08-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Best to use a 50% water / 50% Isopropyl Alcohol to remove any wax or sealant. If you are going to apply the same product I don't know why you would want to remove it before winter. I don't understand the comment "people are having a hard time even washing their cars due to the high beading and durability of Collinite 915". These properties make paint easier to wash. I think Collinite 915 is the best carnauba wax on the market for the money. It could be a little easier to remove but it's not bad if you apply it thin and WOWO it.

Larry A
08-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Mineral Spirits or a prep cleaner they use before they paint cars, like prep-sol

Emile
08-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Just use the IPA wipe-down method. There is no protection that can stand up to IPA.

ScottB
08-20-2009, 05:51 PM
paint cleansers like Pinnacle and P21S will also remove sealants and waxes alike.

Surfer
08-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Now sure what you mean by having a hard time washing with 915???? Its an awesome wax.

akimel
08-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Looks to me like your car is already well-prepped for winter. Why not keep what you have and simply add on another coat or two of 915 later in the fall?

Rsurfer
08-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Looks to me like your car is already well-prepped for winter. Why not keep what you have and simply add on another coat or two of 915 later in the fall?I agree with what you and Gary said. Why remove it?