PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Scratches

HealthyCivic
08-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Here's the deal: A (relatively unintelligent) co-worker/friend of mine decided to play a joke on his friend by writing something in his friend's car's dirt on the hood. Unfortunately, the car was filthy; so filthy that my co-worker actually grabbed a receipt to put between his finger and the car when he did this so that his finger wouldn't get dirty. His friend washed the car and now the writing is still scratched into the paint. To make matters worse, the car isn't actually his friend's: it belongs to his mother. His mother now wants to sell the car but nobody's going to buy it with obscene remarks etched into the hood.

Obviously, it's not easy to tell without actually going to see the hood but it sounds to me like swirls or medium scratches. He was worried that he may have to have the hood re-painted but in my experience, I don't think rubbing dirt around for a second on a hood would cause deep scratches. He told me that the scratches can only be seen when the sun hits the hood. I'm thinking G110 + ScratchX 2.0. What do you guys think? I may be able to post pics in a few days because I'm going to see the hood on Sunday. Thanks.

Rsurfer
08-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Sounds like it's very light, so any mild polish with your G110 and a white pad should remove it. Hope the hood don't come out too good or you might have to polish the whole car. LOL

HighEndDetail
08-19-2009, 04:12 PM
The G110 should do the trick. What else do you have besides the scratch x.

A4 1.8tqm
08-19-2009, 04:14 PM
:iagree: That's what I was thinking, you can probably polish it out but the hood will likely look better than the rest of the car after :buffing: What make/model/color is the car?

Emile
08-19-2009, 05:21 PM
1.) Smack your friend around a lil bit, hehe.

2.) Try ScratchX by hand with a foam applicator pad. It may take several hits but usually ScratchX can work small miracles like that.

3.) If that doesn't work, then try the G110 with ScratchX with a polishing pad.

4.) When done, apply a wax to the area.