PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaning

Pages : [1] 2

kb2ehj
08-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi folks,

I've got myself a brand new Honda Element (2009) that as some of you might know has basically all plastic inside.

What is a good middle of the road product to keep the inside clean?

I'd hope the product doesn't (a) produce a 'fake gloss' coating, mat finish is fine with me and (b) doesn't promote a static build up.

Not worried about the floor's Simple Green should work fine for them.

Mark

bmw5541
08-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi folks,

I've got myself a brand new Honda Element (2009) that as some of you might know has basically all plastic inside.

What is a good middle of the road product to keep the inside clean?

I'd hope the product doesn't (a) produce a 'fake gloss' coating, mat finish is fine with me and (b) doesn't promote a static build up.

Not worried about the floor's Simple Green should work fine for them.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Congrats on the new ride:cheers:

I happen to love Poorboys Natural Look Dressing. It cleans and dresses with UV protection, with a nice natural looking matt finish. It also smells great!

MisterShark
08-19-2009, 12:32 PM
I'd probably classify it as a 'top of the line' product rather than a 'middle of the road' one: 303 Aerospace Protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html) .

I've recently purchased a new 09 RAV4 and am going to make this product my interior protectant of choice.

Emile
08-19-2009, 12:33 PM
My brother drives an 09 Honda Element.

My vote goes to 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium. It cleans and leaves a protective coat in one product. The coating repels dust and protects against UV damage caused by the sun. The finish is a super-low gloss; the interior just ends up looking clean and brand new, no fake look.

KG21
08-19-2009, 12:56 PM
:iagree: I have recently started using 1Z and LOVE the results. I had used DP prior, and was very satisfied with it, but 1Z removed some stains that DP was unable to and didn't require a follow-up protection product.

HighEndDetail
08-19-2009, 03:02 PM
One of my favorite interior products is DP interior surface protectant.

trhland
08-19-2009, 03:10 PM

My vote goes to 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium. It cleans and leaves a protective coat in one product. The coating repels dust and protects against UV damage caused by the sun. The finish is a super-low gloss; the interior just ends up looking clean and brand new, no fake look.
this is my go to for interior product. i got tired of the slimy wet look that atracted everything . but not with einszett!!!!!!!!

RaskyR1
08-19-2009, 03:36 PM

+1

Awesome Stuff!:dblthumb2:

Preacher
08-19-2009, 04:12 PM
I use a few of the products mentioned with great success. 1Z Cockpit premium cleans the best. In terms of matte finish, I would rank them: 1Z, 303 then NL from least to highest shine. Keeping in mind that none are going to be glossy, just little brighter matte finish then they other.

ScottB
08-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Einszett Cockpit Premium -- clean and fresh
Poorboys Natural Look --- matte and just a tad darker
303 -- noticable matte look

ewiesner
08-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Here's another vote for 303.

Emile
08-19-2009, 07:47 PM
303 Aerospace is awesome and you can control the gloss. I mean if you LIKE gloss, you can spray it onto a microfiber applicator pad and apply it all over the interior. Spray it onto the dash and wipe it in with a towel and you get like medium gloss. Spray it directly onto the towel and buff and you get low gloss.

TMD
08-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Vinylex here. Fairly low cost, maintains a good shine and is non-sticky.

kb2ehj
08-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Well that wasn't to bad only a couple products to try out LOL.

Mark

killrflake
08-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I've been quite happy with 303 Aerospace Protactant.