PDA

View Full Version : Bug Cleaners

Buckskincolt
08-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey All,

Do the Bug and tar removers like Meguiars gold Bug or the DP Cleanse-all remove waxes and sealants as well? I use Zaino Z-2 and Z-5 with a Z6 top coat. Any worries about removing them with these cleaners? We have Many Bugs this time of year in Oregon as Mike can tell you. :autowash: Thanks!

CTS-Veo
08-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Poorboy’s Bug Squash: Removes bug remains, even Love Bugs, from car windshields and front bumpers. bug remover, pooboys bug remover (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-bug-squash.html)
and
Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad can be used on glass, chrome, vinyl, fiberglass, paint and clearcoats—100% safe when used with soapy water. (http://www.autogeek.net/pinsafscrub.html)

The poorboys bug squash says it's safe to use over wax, and it can be dilluted. The pinnacle bug sponge works awesome. It really pulls the bugs in (away from the paint) very well. The sooner you try to remove the bugs, the easier they are to get off...

belcherm58
08-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Poorboys Bug Squash mixed 3 to 1. 3 parts water to 1 part product. Never had an issue with it removing wax or sealant. Full strength it would remove LSP's. Great stuff. Used full strength to remove LSP from trim and residue from polishing compounds.

ScottB
08-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Big Squash is indeed the product of choice and may remove some of a 'nuba wax but likely wont dent a sealant especially something like Zaino or Klasse.

AeroCleanse
08-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Big Squash is indeed the product of choice and may remove some of a 'nuba wax but likely wont dent a sealant especially something like Zaino or Klasse.

Didn't Meghan use 1Z's Anti-Insect? How did that do?

belcherm58
08-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Really did not know that about the sealant. Makes sense. I usually only apply 3 to 4 coats of sealant to a vehicle a year and am very careful when applying to assure a good coat of sealant, therefore not nearly as sloppy with sealants. i apply so many coats of wax, I tend to get a little sloppy and get some on trim occasionally. I knew it worked on wax.