PDA

View Full Version : Sealants

20ducks
08-18-2009, 09:10 AM
I currently use Zaino Zcs Clear Seal Synthetic Sealant. I have always wondered about its properties, benefits, technical reasons to use, how it works etc. I realize there are quite a few different sealant brands that apparently perform in a similar manner. Will someone please shed the light on this mysterious product?

Nappers
08-18-2009, 09:34 AM
LINK REMOVED
They don't say much about it, preload a Zaino applicator, spray surface, work product in and let it dry.....

Seems like it's an inbetween waxing to me, I use Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer/Ultimate Quik Wax currently. Spray and wipe products.....

Never heard of it.

Seems to work eh? Got some pics? :D

20ducks
08-18-2009, 10:04 AM
I've done some research on this already and came up with nothing but marketing speech, hence my thread.

Nappers
08-18-2009, 10:23 AM
I hear ya, That's about what I came up with too.....

It's probably a secret and they will have to kill you if they told you.....LOL :D

ScottB
08-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Zaino CS is quite similar to Optimums Optiseal and Ultima. They are wipe on and walk away sealants. Problem, more than the lightest of coats and they streak especially noticable on blacks.

The product reminds me of the old floor waxes like Futura. They were moped on and hardened as a protection. I do not pretend to know if any offer any real UV protection and personally have not seen the same durability as they sealant counterparts (the buff off type). Seems kinda like a spray sealant in that it might add some protection and benefits but best used as a booster IMO.

AeroCleanse
08-18-2009, 06:56 PM
I have 3 layers of Ultima PGP and it has a lot better durability than say Meg's NXT 2.0.

Emile
08-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Zaino will never tell you the formula.

I have some and I use it. I tend not to stick with one certain sealant/wax as I get bored of any given combination, but Z-CS always has a place on my shelf of sealants. It's particularly useful in that it is totally clear and bonds to almost every exterior surface; paint, glass, chrome, plastic, and plastic trim.

If you apply it really thin, it's wipe on, walk away, but I can never achieve that. This is mainly because I enjoy applying too much because if I can't actually see where I've applied it, I get confused and unsure of where I have applied it and where I haven't.

After applying it, I usually wait at least a few hours and then take a synthetic quick detailer and buff it off and then allow it 24 hours to cure. A lot of times I will apply it and then wait 24 hours and then do the buff off process with the QD.

It plays well underneath or on top of other products (Zaino and non-Zaino) and the protection is a bit different than regular Zaino sealants. You get lots of tight water beading like a wax, rather than the big beading/sheeting you would normally get with Z-2, Z-5, Z-AIO, etc. I have found the durability to be quite impressive, especially when the car is prepped with a base coat of Z-AIO. While Zaino says Z-CS is a true sealant, I wouldn't use Z-CS all by itself.

tenorplayer23
08-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Exactly.................and, they might even be distant cousins, formulation-wise. Amazing that you remember "Futura". Ugh...............and so many more shiny floor sealants.

Zaino CS is quite similar to Optimums Optiseal and Ultima. They are wipe on and walk away sealants. Problem, more than the lightest of coats and they streak especially noticable on blacks.

The product reminds me of the old floor waxes like Futura. They were moped on and hardened as a protection. I do not pretend to know if any offer any real UV protection and personally have not seen the same durability as they sealant counterparts (the buff off type). Seems kinda like a spray sealant in that it might add some protection and benefits but best used as a booster IMO.

supercharged
08-18-2009, 10:13 PM
all three products are nice, to each their own, I have all three of them. I like Zaino for durability, it actually lasts longer then the other two, at least on wheels, I never tested their durability on paint, as I am carnauba junkie. Ultima doesn't give you tightest beading, but it gives you that stunning look, you will achive tighter beading action from Opti-Seal. 2 coats of Ultima PGP toped with a coat of Opti-Seal is a stunning combo.