PDA

View Full Version : new mitsubishi eclipse spyder

kayakguy
09-17-2006, 07:44 AM
Just purchased a new Mitsubshi Eclipse Spyder (black) and also new to the forum. Already treated the convertible top and now interested in the paint. Been looking through the detailing forum however way too many choice for a newbie. Settled on the following plan of action and purchases
Pinnacle Souveran over Klasse ALL-In-One Combination kit and also Klasse SG

1. Wash/dry
2. Clay
3. Wash/dry
4. Klasse AIO
5. Klasse SG. Any concerns about leaving the material on longer than the 8- 12 hours noted in the forum?
Any really benefits to a second coat of SG?
6. Souverans
7. Stand back and admire

Looking for a little feedback regarding plan as well as products selected.

Also have a Ryobi Model RB60 Buffer/polisher which I have used on Ford Explorer and also F-150 (both green clear coat) without any swirls. Based on the forum, I know the PC is the prefered too however I'm wonder how safe to use the Ryobi on a black car. Checked owners manual and appears to an orbital device however RPMs are fixed at 4,800.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ScottB
09-17-2006, 10:36 AM
You got a nice plan of attack. Great products and combo. As long as the dealer didnt "swirl" it while prepping for delivery you should be able to do all by hand.

I dont know your buffer well enough to discuss it, but speed sentivity is something well needed when moving between polishing, waxing, and removal. I might save my $$ and get a PC when available.

sparkie
09-17-2006, 10:38 AM
1. Wash/dry YES- wool mit wash, Dry MF
2. Clay YES
3. Wash/dry I don't, but you can. I use a QD
4. Klasse AIO Yes, Yes, Yes Use it all the time, also use on windows.
5. Klasse SG. Any concerns about leaving the material on longer than the 8- 12 hours noted in the forum? Hard to get off.
Any really benefits to a second coat of SG? Yes, better protection and a little deeper look.
6. Souverans YES, oh baby Yes! I just got some last week AWESOME!!!!
7. Stand back and admire- That's what I'm talking about!!!!!
And a big Welcome to the site!!! You will learn alot!

BILL
09-17-2006, 11:12 AM
AGREE...........Great plan.......as sparkie suggested?? AIO, and Souveran top notch...

good luck:applause:

BILL
09-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Yes......a P.C. will be with you always.....the packages here at A.G. are awesome........a very good investment......:)

FloridaNative
09-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Welcome to our little family. :) Your plan of attack looks great. I hope we will get to see some pics of your baby when she's all dolled up??

joe.p
09-17-2006, 08:01 PM
1. Wash/dry YES- wool mit wash, Dry MF
2. Clay YES
3. Wash/dry I don't, but you can. I use a QD
4. Klasse AIO Yes, Yes, Yes Use it all the time, also use on windows.
5. Klasse SG. Any concerns about leaving the material on longer than the 8- 12 hours noted in the forum? Hard to get off.
Any really benefits to a second coat of SG? Yes, better protection and a little deeper look.
6. Souverans YES, oh baby Yes! I just got some last week AWESOME!!!!
7. Stand back and admire- That's what I'm talking about!!!!!
And a big Welcome to the site!!! You will learn alot!
Number Five i would think over. Theres so many New Sealants out there that would be much easier to apply/remove. Congrats on the New Purchase you have a great plan of attack . WELCOME TO AUTOGEEK :cheers:

BILL
09-18-2006, 07:31 AM
QOUTE: Number Five i would think over. Theres so many New Sealants out there that would be much easier to apply/remove. Congrats on the New Purchase you have a great plan of attack . WELCOME TO AUTOGEEK :cheers:

WOLFGANG] [UPP].....MY CHOICES...