PDA

View Full Version : Foamaster Foam Wash Gun

Pages : [1] 2

Jason
03-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Our latest find is the Foamaster Foam Cleaning Gun with brass fittings.

The idea behind a foam gun is to minimize the amount of rubbing and scrubbing necessary to clean the vehicle by pre-soaking it with frothy foam.The foam starts loosening and lubricating the paint immediately. As you work your way down and around the vehicle with a mitt or sponge, you don’t have to use as much force to remove dirt and debris. It’s already loose and just needs slight agitation to release it from the paint surface.

This gentle touch substantially decreases the risk of micro-marring because the paint is covered in a foamy layer of lubrication. Used in combination with a premium car shampoo, the Foamaster is a guaranteed safe way to wash your vehicle.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/foame.jpg

We compared several guns and found that the Foamaster is the best for car washing. It creates a substantial amount of foam by forcing water through the nozzle where it mixes with the diluted car shampoo that is in the gun’s reservoir. The foam is richer, thicker, and sticks to the vehicle longer than soap applied by hand because the dilution ratio of the soap is higher.

Many detailers we talked to use the Foamaster as they wash with a mitt or sponge, instead of as a pre-soak, or sometimes in addition to a pre-soak. This technique involves spraying the foam directly in your mitt’s path. The foam is its frothiest upon contact so this method ensures a thick, sudsy layer of foam between the mitt and the paint surface. If you use this technique, just take care to avoid hitting the nozzle on the paint as you disperse the foam. Since you’re using both hands, this takes a little coordination. Practice makes perfect!

The Foamaster’s nozzle mechanisms is constructed of brass, giving it excellent, long-lasting performance and durability. The handle, foaming tip, and reservoir lid are all made of heavy duty plastic, and the reservoir itself is chemical resistant polyethylene. This industrial grade foam gun is used by more detailers and enthusiasts because it’s built to last.

Multi-ratio Stem - The multi-ratio stem gives you five settings so you can adjust the dilution ratio of your shampoo. The chart below shows you the shampoo (oz.) to water (gal.) ratio based on the position of the stem.

Features
Accurately mixes and sprays foaming chemicals
Foam generating wand creates a thick, clinging foam
Detach handle for a powerful spray rinse
For cleaning, degreasing or disinfecting when a foam is desired to increase surface contact time
Easy to fill wide mouth, chemical resistant polyethylene quart or half gallon bottle
Built-in screen filters out sediment before it reaches your vehicle

*If you are going to use the Foamaster on your vehicle, use it exclusively for your vehicle to avoid cross contamination.

Operational Specifications

Water Pressure - 40 to 90 psi (for maximum accuracy 40 to 60 psi)
Output - 1-1/2 gallons per minute
Spray Pattern - Foaming attachment provides a fan spray, removes for a solid stream. Deflectors are available for fan spray patterns for non-foaming chemicals.
Anti-siphon - Protects water supply by preventing soapy water from siphoning back into the hose. (Note: a slight discharge of water from base of handle when water is turned off is normal and indicates anti-siphon is functioning properly.)
Customized Ratios - Can be set from 1oz. per gallon to 12 oz. per gallon. (Note: this range is affected by the viscosity of the chemical.)

I recommend using Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo in the Foamaster Foam Wash Gun. This shampoo is super-sudsy when used in a bucket; just imagine how much foam it produces when distributed with a foam gun! As always, use a paint-safe wash tool such as a Pinnacle Chenille Wash Sponge or a Sheepskin Wash Mitt.

After each use, rinse the nozzle and foaming mechanism with clean water to remove any soap residue. This will prevent soapy build-up inside the nozzle and on the brass mechanisms. With regular cleaning, the Foamaster will give you years of trouble-free performance.

The Foamaster Foam Wash Gun has the features you want and the durable construction you need. Protect your vehicle from micro-marring and wash-induced scratches with the Foamaster!

GearHead_1
03-03-2006, 08:27 PM
I really like my foam gun. I'm also looking forward to trying some of the new top secret formula along with it. Any word on this new shampoo?

ScottB
03-03-2006, 08:49 PM
I really like my foam gun. I'm also looking forward to trying some of the new top secret formula along with it. Any word on this new shampoo?

Who told you about this ???? (joking) I havent even had an opportunity to "test" the unconfirmed newest soap that is supposedly PH balanced a perfect 7, while providing loads of foam and lubrication to make the Gilmour Guns a must have for 2006. Shoot with the Poorboys Suds ... it was nice and slippery already.

GearHead_1
03-03-2006, 08:54 PM
C'mon now! This isn't the only detailing board I'm on.:D

I'm just letting the powers that be know that I'm available for product testing and that I've just placed an order. Wink, wink.

stingray
03-03-2006, 11:20 PM
If a strong pressure of water can't remove the dirt & water spots how can this gun do it?:confused:

ScottB
03-04-2006, 08:41 AM
If a strong pressure of water can't remove the dirt & water spots how can this gun do it?:confused:

The foam gun allows you to presoak the finish, and remove some surface contaminents (dust, dirt) that are sitting on top of the finish. The soap provides better lubrication to move these off the finish while the foam encapsulates them. This should reduce some marring seen from forceful water that could be pushing the dirt into or against the finish while trying to remove it.

It, foam gun, is not removing worked on dirt and the grime that has attached to the paint however. You will still need to wash each panel with the foam gun and a nice sheepskin mitt to remove this. I would also highly suggest using one bucket of clean water (minimum) to clean out your mitt after each panel. As the mitt can also pull dirt into it and away from the finish also.

I find the foam gun exciting for its ability to get into areas that are commonly missed by most detailers. With the addition of additional canisters and possibly lids, we could see where could quickly switch from car soap, to APC (for wheel wells and undercarriage) and back as necessary. I have asked Jason to consider stocking these addtl items.

Matt
03-04-2006, 10:23 AM
:D

GearHead_1
03-04-2006, 12:11 PM
:D

Exactly what I'm looking for. I've found the Meguiar's Gold to be a pretty good foamer too.

5000XD
03-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Oke this is the next thing I'll buy :)

joe.p
03-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Matt anything new on the Foam Soap?

pogo123
03-04-2006, 08:03 PM
I just tried my new foam gun today for the first time and I couldn't be any happier with the results, although a soap that foams and clings a little better would make it even better.

ScottB
03-05-2006, 09:02 AM
I just tried my new foam gun today for the first time and I couldn't be any happier with the results, although a soap that foams and clings a little better would make it even better.

Try the Poorboys suds .... and wait on a new product coming especially for foam gun users shortly.

flatstick
03-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Try the Poorboys suds .... and wait on a new product coming especially for foam gun users shortly.

Any chance of getting a sample of this new and improved foaming soap ? once people try it they may never go back to their old soap :D

Djmigs
03-05-2006, 04:32 PM
if i get a sample of this soap and its what it claims to be...i dont know what i will do with all the 6 jugs of soap i have to replace with this new soap...Ebay i guess HAHA!!!

ScottB
03-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Any chance of getting a sample of this new and improved foaming soap ? once people try it they may never go back to their old soap :D

Matt and Jason appear so happy with it that they wont share ... I still am waiting for my samples !! :mad: