PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's clay: reason it's not sold here @ AG?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MisterShark
08-17-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm pondering making my first clay purchase sometime in the near future and noticed that Poorboy's clay is not among the prominent brands selection here at the AG store.

Any reason that this clay has not been selected as a stock item?

As a side question: I'm entirely new to using clay and my car is a new black 09 RAV4. I would appreciate suggestions on which brand would be safest and most 'user-friendly' for a n00b like me.

OP update edit: I ended up steering this thread into multiple clay-related questions beyond my initial query about Poorboys brand availability, so read on for topic mini-focuses such as members' brand preferences and a question about the 2 different grades. :)

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
08-17-2009, 01:29 PM
It will be carried there very very soon ;)

Meghan
08-17-2009, 01:32 PM
It will be carried there very very soon ;)

:confused:

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
08-17-2009, 01:35 PM
:confused:

its coming on the pallet lol did somebody not know about this :p

Meghan
08-17-2009, 02:01 PM
I guess we will have clay then.

MisterShark
08-17-2009, 02:08 PM
As a side question: I'm entirely new to using clay and my car is a new black 09 RAV4. I would appreciate suggestions on which brand would be safest and most 'user-friendly' for a n00b like me.

OK, so my thread's primary query has been answered; let's divert attention to the secondary focus :)

I'd like to hear people's clay brand opinions and preferences, with preference testimony details to backup their choice(s).

Tesla
08-17-2009, 03:07 PM
My two favorites are not available here, so I'm not sure how useful/helpful my suggestion will be.

I use Riccardo Yellow (not available in the USA) and Zaino (Z-18). I like both because they are very pliable, and therefore very easy to use. Riccardo Yellow, in particular, is pretty much fool proof.

Meghan
08-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I am a huge fan of DP and Griots was taking care of the nasty stuff, for mild to medium work I would go with Pinnacle Ultra Poly. Just my $.02

gwilo
08-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Riccardo Yellow, in particular, is pretty much fool proof.

I to use Riccardo and as the quote says FOOL proof.

So I fit the bill :)

ScottB
08-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Havent met a PBMA clay product I didnt like, I do however miss the old yellow Pinnacle Poly Clay. I hope to try the Poorboys version...

Laura
08-17-2009, 07:19 PM
I used Wolfgang clay this weekend for the first time on a 5 year old 4Runner that had only gone through auto car washes. It took me almost 2 hours, but there was serious crap all over it.

I didn't have any problems at all. Biggest thing I found was to make sure to keep the surface cool (don't do it outside in the sun) and lubricated. Any residual clay will come off with the bar itself or with a MF towel. I followed it with WPPE, WDGPS3.0, and Fuzion.

The resuts were amazing. Wish I'd taken before pics. The claying wasn't hard at all, but well worth the time!

agpatel
08-17-2009, 07:55 PM
The good ol yellow clay, or the good blue stuff they make as well. I close second would be Griots clay.

supercharged
08-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Havent met a PBMA clay product I didnt like, I do however miss the old yellow Pinnacle Poly Clay. I hope to try the Poorboys version...
isn't new XMT clay yellow? Wonder if it is the same as that older yellow Pinnacle...

Superdutytd
08-17-2009, 11:30 PM
The good ol yellow clay, or the good blue stuff they make as well. I close second would be Griots clay.

Doesn't Griots use the AM clay?

Rsurfer
08-17-2009, 11:38 PM
I used Wolfgang clay this weekend for the first time on a 5 year old 4Runner that had only gone through auto car washes. It took me almost 2 hours, but there was serious crap all over it.

I didn't have any problems at all. Biggest thing I found was to make sure to keep the surface cool (don't do it outside in the sun) and lubricated. Any residual clay will come off with the bar itself or with a MF towel. I followed it with WPPE, WDGPS3.0, and Fuzion.

The resuts were amazing. Wish I'd taken before pics. The claying wasn't hard at all, but well worth the time!

How about some after pic.