PDA

View Full Version : ExP Question

ZmZoom6
09-16-2006, 11:03 PM
I know that after applying PB's ExP you have to wait about 12 hrs for it to fully cure before another layer/wax can be applied. Does it matter if I drive the car while it cures, or is that not a good idea?

bluzman
09-17-2006, 03:29 AM
It will be fine to drive.

BILL
09-17-2006, 08:06 AM
It will be fine to drive.

:iagree: But if didnt have to?? i won't.......just a mental thing:p

ZmZoom6
09-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks

Kelso
09-17-2006, 01:13 PM
cure time with ex-p is actually 24 hours not 12, just an fyi.

side note- has anybody else noticed that some spots will kind of come out of nowhere after you buff the car and all these spots need to be rebuffed? its slightly annoying that it doesnt all do it at once. could this somehow be my fault?

ScottB
09-17-2006, 05:55 PM
MOst sealants are pretty well cured at the 8-12 hour mark, unless alot of humidity and rain is present.

And Kelso that was my original complaint also. I know I buffed well but several hours later a spot of two would magically appear. I think its areas where the sealant was put on thick and the curing process made it stand out. A quick wipe with qd'er removes it though.

aceshigh73
09-17-2006, 07:42 PM
OK.. Im glad I wasnt the only one going crazy this week... last weekend I put a coat of EX-P on my van and I thought I did a decent job taking it off.. half way thru the week when I got a chance to look at it again I saw residue in alot of places.. I was "whoa" what was I blind?....
I took it off yesterday with some QD... but I was shaking my head the whole time...

Kelso
09-17-2006, 08:46 PM
yea it still buffs off fine but if i detail a car for someone else, like i did on friday night with the ex-p its hard for me to just take off when i know its gonna spot up a little bit.
oh well i still love the stuff, one of my favorite to smell haha