PDA

View Full Version : Newbie First Buy Help

ward
08-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Ok I am looking at kits to get started. I have 2005 Black Saab 9-3 with some swirling. I am looking at getting either the PC kit with Poorboys or Pinacle. I have heard both of these products work great with black.

SRHTX
08-16-2009, 09:16 PM
:welcome: to the Auto Geek Family.

Question. Will you only be working on YOUR Saab or do you plan to go further? What exactly do you have at the present time? Have you ever auto detailed anything before?

Stephen

ward
08-16-2009, 09:21 PM
I am not professional detailer by any means. In the past I had always used Meguiars products with my old Nissan. I have never used a Random Orbital before either. Since I have this nice newer vehicle I am wanting to take better care of it and bring it up to the status of many of the vehicles on here.

loudog2
08-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Get the PCXP or flex with some Megs M105, menzerna PO203, 106FA and 85RD. You'll be set with that. Plus, and 3 of each pad.

SRHTX
08-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Get the PCXP or flex with some Megs M105, menzerna PO203, 106FA and 85RD. You'll be set with that. Plus, and 3 of each pad.

:iagree: you WILL need to always have extra pads. If not, you could find yourself in trouble if a pad is damage and no additional pad to complete your project.

My $.02

Stephen

ward
08-16-2009, 10:46 PM
So you recommend the Meguires over pinnacle and poorboys? I had read around and had seen that these are great for black paint.

Meghan
08-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Everyone has a favorite polish of choice, a lot like working with Meguiars 105/205 combo, many love the Menzerna line, I love the Wolfgang Total Swirl, XMT is great with Porter Cable... its all about personal preference. I would suggest read some info on the forum, maybe check out the video's and then start experimenting!

But you will not go wrong with any of the above mentioned polishes, if you need further assistance we have several techs on staff that you can always call to get personalized recommendations based on exactly what you are working on:buffing:.

YouTube - autogeek's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/autogeek)

loudog2
08-17-2009, 07:12 AM
So you recommend the Meguires over pinnacle and poorboys? I had read around and had seen that these are great for black paint.
I use both Megs and Menzerna. The 4 I mentioned will get you through almost everything, from heavy to light.