PDA

View Full Version : Onr Qd

CEE DOG
08-15-2009, 08:45 PM
What do you guys think of ONR as a qd? I have been using my ulima qd and Crystal Mist QD but I want to stop spending so much on QD. (I spend plenty on all else:)) After washes I am planning to just use my Aquawax from now on if even that. I really only use QD to remove bugs, tar, or bird craps after a drive so of course protection/lubricant is my biggest need. I have ONR for when I clay but that is only going to be once a year so I am thinking my ONR should become my QD.

How's Griots QD in comparison?

ryandamartini
08-15-2009, 08:54 PM
For just a QD, you should look at Clearkote Quikshine. It is not expensive and is a real looker for sure. AW is great 1-2 times a month, but I have read it darkens and mutes flakes with too many applications.

ONR QD is *ok*.

I have no experience with the griots.

CEE DOG
08-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the advice on AW!

I have really wanted to try the Clearkote Quikshine but like purchasing everything from AG. I can't find it though. Am I not looking in the right place? Do I have to go elsewhere?
Megan or Dwayne, if you don't now will you be carrying this soon?

nitro78
08-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the advice on AW!

I have really wanted to try the Clearkote Quikshine but like purchasing everything from AG. I can't find it though. Am I not looking in the right place? Do I have to go elsewhere?
Megan or Dwayne, if you don't now will you be carrying this soon?

my guess would be no on the ClearKote as AG once carried this line and for reasons unknown now does not. i think onr as a qd is ok but works well in conjunction with oid, which is a fantastic value in qd's

loudog2
08-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Try the new XMT final finish instant detailer. I've been using it, stays pretty slick. FK425 and chemical guys synthetic QD are both nice anti-static QD's.

Emile
08-15-2009, 10:34 PM
ONR is fine as a QD. It's more of a cleaner and a really good cleaner at that. The shine is very neutral and you only need like 2oz of ONR and 30oz of water to make it into a quick detailer.

IMO, it's always good to have a real QD such as the new XMT Final Finish or Optimum Instant Detailer (which is really affordable).

CharlesW
08-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Since you already have the ONR, try it.
If you mix up a batch and don't like it, you can still use it as a pre-soak for rinseless washing. Or you could even use it as a rinseless wash if you measure what you need for a proper solution.
I have read that the new instructions call for 8 oz. per gallon where the original suggested mix was 6 oz. per gallon. You might want to verify that information since I read it on the internet and you know how it is with stuff you read on the internet

tenorplayer23
08-16-2009, 12:01 AM
CDog,

Try the ONR as a QD, BUT GET the Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer. Relatively inexpensive.......buy a 32oz. bottle, buy a spray bottle & make a gallon of QD! Sweet.......let it rip!! Plus, 20% off now. :)
See ya http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/seeya.gif

ONR is fine as a QD. It's more of a cleaner and a really good cleaner at that. The shine is very neutral and you only need like 2oz of ONR and 30oz of water to make it into a quick detailer.

IMO, it's always good to have a real QD such as the new XMT Final Finish or Optimum Instant Detailer (which is really affordable).