PDA

View Full Version : gonna do it, got ????'s

cooksnj
08-15-2009, 08:19 PM
i'm finally gonna buy the pcxp, i'm tired of trying to keep up with 4 cars by hand! we'll really 3 if i could get my son to get out of bed, but thats another story.:rolleyes:

any way, i have read alot of things on this site, and i got it down to some items that i think will do. like i said the pcxp, dont have the $ for a flex, gonna get the menz po203 and the 85rd. getting a three pack of orange, white and grey (or black if you prefer), and 3 blue. but this is where i'm alittle confused. whats the diff. in the grey, blue and red. none of them cut, they are all for app. wax's and sealents, does it really matter, or is it just personal use based on experince?

i have plenty of waxs and microfibers, so i dont need any of that stuff, but if theres any thing else anybody thinks i should get, please let me know. thank you.

Emile
08-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Grey is good for applying paste waxes.

I would use blue for applying liquid waxes and sealants.

I have no clue where I would have a need for red, but it's softer than blue.

ryandamartini
08-15-2009, 08:59 PM
instead of 85rd, have you considered the Menzerna Power Finish? I see that it is a good one stepper in the amount of defects it removes and the condition it leaves the finish in.

loudog2
08-15-2009, 09:08 PM
instead of 85rd, have you considered the Menzerna Power Finish? I see that it is a good one stepper in the amount of defects it removes and the condition it leaves the finish in.
He has the PO203(powerfinish 203) in his post already.

loudog2
08-15-2009, 09:13 PM
i'm finally gonna buy the pcxp, i'm tired of trying to keep up with 4 cars by hand! we'll really 3 if i could get my son to get out of bed, but thats another story.:rolleyes:

any way, i have read alot of things on this site, and i got it down to some items that i think will do. like i said the pcxp, dont have the $ for a flex, gonna get the menz po203 and the 85rd. getting a three pack of orange, white and grey (or black if you prefer), and 3 blue. but this is where i'm alittle confused. whats the diff. in the grey, blue and red. none of them cut, they are all for app. wax's and sealents, does it really matter, or is it just personal use based on experince?

i have plenty of waxs and microfibers, so i dont need any of that stuff, but if theres any thing else anybody thinks i should get, please let me know. thank you.
Grey is used as your finishing polish pad. Blue is used for jeweling and sealant applications. The red is used for sealant/wax applications. Maybe get some megs M105, PO 203, 106FA and 85RD/ultrafina. That will cover most things needed.