PDA

View Full Version : Woolite Dilution

awheeler3296
08-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Feed back pleaseWhat is the dilution ratio for Woolite to be used for cleaning leather? I would like to fill a 32 oz bottle.

CharlesW
08-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Feed back pleaseWhat is the dilution ratio for Woolite to be used for cleaning leather? I would like to fill a 32 oz bottle.
1. I used it at 1 part Woolite to 6 parts water for years.
2. Many people say that 1 part Woolite to 8 parts water is the proper dilution.
BUT! Many people say Woolite is not a good cleaner for use on leather or vinyl, period.
Rather than get into a discussion, here's a link to a fairly recent discussion about the subject. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/19452-question-about-woolite.html
FWIW, I no longer am using Woolite for interior cleaning.

loudog2
08-15-2009, 06:44 PM
I've used it on viyl and fake leather w/o issues. I would not use it on real, fine leather or soft leather. Afte reading some posts, maybe it is time for a new method.

awheeler3296
08-15-2009, 07:05 PM
All,

Thank you, I will look for another cleaning product.

CharlesW
08-15-2009, 07:08 PM
I've used it on viyl and fake leather w/o issues. I would not use it on real, fine leather or soft leather. Afte reading some posts, maybe it is time for a new method.Considering the number of dedicated leather cleaners available, I decided to make the change.

The fact that the people quoted don't care for the idea doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. While those commenting may have been in the business for years, they don't always come up with the right answers either.
Someone that brags about how hard they are to get along with, one that is never wrong, and one that brags about how often he gets drunk isn't someone I'm going to place all my faith in.

dublifecrisis
08-15-2009, 07:47 PM
I mix mine more like 15-20 to one. It cleans plenty at that ratio. Lexus actually recommends using woolite to clean their leather. At 20:1 I've cleaned blue jean dye and all sorts of dirt off of tan leather. It works great.

Bubbabuff
08-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Did an Equinox today with tan leather, used woolite 20:1 ratio, with upholstery attachment for PC. Leather turned out great!

CharlesW
08-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't think the question/problem is the cleaning ability of the Woolite and water solution.
The question seems to be whether or not it does any damage to the leather. Might take some time to see it and by the time you see it, the damage will be done.
If you are comfortable with it, then go for it. I decided it wasn't worth taking a chance on having a problem so I quit using it.