PDA

View Full Version : Wet-look wax: Dodo,PB,P21 ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

cobraa
08-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Okay, So I just start a little business and I need some wax. Here's my experience so far..

Poorboy Natty Red: Very great , really does what it say on the jar: Make pearl pop. 9/10 for the price

P21% Original: Tried on 1 red and 1 silver car. IMO, I don't even see a difference (before/after) beside the fact it's slick. Also, it's a lot more harder to wax off when it haze( I don't have any problem with Natty)

1) I heard that the best wet-look is generate with a sealant, is that true?

2) Would Natty Blue be a good choice for wet-look?

3) Is DODO JUICE worth the price compared to Poorboys, or P21s 100%

HELP ME PLEASE, I want to make my order this weekend for the 20% off.Feed back please

loudog2
08-14-2009, 05:17 PM
-Natty's red looks great, but durability sucks.

-P21 100% is good on metalic. Gives a great shine, but not really wet.

-Dodo is also great. Nice choice for colors. Just ordered supernatural, giving it a try tonight.

-Another choice is Rubbish boys Original Edition. Great wax, great durability. Leaves it shiney and wet.

-Wolfgang DGPS leave a nice wet look.

There are more waxes and sealants, but I don't know your price range

Rsurfer
08-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Ready to pull the trigger on SN. Let us know what you think after using it. Thanks.

loudog2
08-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Ready to pull the trigger on SN. Let us know what you think after using it. Thanks.
Just finished polishing with 106FA, well a little clean-up I guess. Debating whether to put a coat of DGPS, then supernatural. Or some lime prime cleaner, then supernatural by itself. What do you think.

Blackthorn One
08-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Just finished polishing with 106FA, well a little clean-up I guess. Debating whether to put a coat of DGPS, then supernatural. Or some lime prime cleaner, then supernatural by itself. What do you think.
If you really want to know what Supernatural looks like, you have to use it by itself, at least once. I have SN and I really like the shine. I found it needed 2 coats to get rid of this spotting problem it had after one. I've only used it on beige, but it looks really great.

cobraa
08-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Now, Pinnacle Souveran seem like a nice deal.. free shipping,20% off and no duty because i'm in the states for 1 week.

Souveran or 4 jar of Natty Blue?

ScottB
08-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Souveran , Fuzion, or Dodo Supernatural are high end offerings and worth every penny. I would choose DP Max Wax over Nattys personally for cost consciensus.

Sealants typically are quite reflective and use gloss to mimic wetness, never found any sealant wetter looking than a great nuba wax.

Blackthorn One
08-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Now, Pinnacle Souveran seem like a nice deal.. free shipping,20% off and no duty because i'm in the states for 1 week.

Souveran or 4 jar of Natty Blue?
Souveran is sometimes available buy one get one free. Right now, Natty's blue is on sale for $49.99 for the 32 oz tub, as is Natty's Red. Those are MUCH better deals. I think you even take 20% off that, too, or free shipping. It's a really great deal.

cobraa
08-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Souveran is sometimes available buy one get one free. Right now, Natty's blue is on sale for $49.99 for the 32 oz tub, as is Natty's Red. Those are MUCH better deals. I think you even take 20% off that, too, or free shipping. It's a really great deal.

I already have 2 jar of Natty RED , I'm good for over a year.

I know it seem like a nice deal but if Souveran is superior than Natty Blue then I don't see why I should pick up Natty big jar.

Showroom Shine
08-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Souveran , Fuzion, or Dodo Supernatural are high end offerings and worth every penny. I would choose DP Max Wax over Nattys personally for cost consciensus.

Sealants typically are quite reflective and use gloss to mimic wetness, never found any sealant wetter looking than a great nuba wax.

:iagree: I'm with Killr on this one. Just finished Hand Waxing( literally) the Detail Truck with DoDo Juice Light Fantastic.This is some Awesome Wax. The previous wax was Souveran. Which is a very good wax also. Afterwards I showered and the water was beading on my hands big time. I had to scrub hard to get the feel of the wax off my hands,and after they dried. I still feel the wax. I have used DoDo Juice before,and never noticed how tuff it is to get off. I'm sure the ride will be well protected for the rain in a few days.:wave: Great Wax!

Rsurfer
08-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Just finished polishing with 106FA, well a little clean-up I guess. Debating whether to put a coat of DGPS, then supernatural. Or some lime prime cleaner, then supernatural by itself. What do you think.Since you polish and seal/wax often, why not do a 50/50 and see what looks better. Both sides will probably look close, so only a little washing and time will tell the true finish.

loudog2
08-15-2009, 06:47 PM
I gave in and put a coat of DGPS down. Applied the first coat of supernatural. I'm impressed, it looks great. Gives it a nice shiney wet look. I'll apply the second coat tomorrow.

Rsurfer
08-15-2009, 07:20 PM
I gave in and put a coat of DGPS down. Applied the first coat of supernatural. I'm impressed, it looks great. Gives it a nice shiney wet look. I'll apply the second coat tomorrow.LOL that should be a good combo. Let me know what you think of SN in the next few weeks. Really want to try it out.

redg35
08-16-2009, 01:13 PM
I still like Souveran on my red G.

cobraa
08-20-2009, 09:46 PM
I choosed Souveran because I found a great used deal. Fuzion is too pricey at 180$